Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Agate Grey with Bordeaux & Black interior?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 10:19 PM
GarbageMan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Agate Grey with Bordeaux & Black interior?

My build date is in October. My exterior color is GT Silver Metallic, and my interior is Bordeaux & Black. As I continue to look at the colors, I am wondering if Agate Grey the color I should specify. So here is my stupid question:

Bordeaux & black go great with GT Silver, White and Rhodium Silver exteriors, and Black for that matter... Does it go as well with Agate Grey? Anyone have it? Thanks for your help.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:28 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Everyone's sense of color and what looks good is so subjective. I looked closely at an agate/garnet combo in a 2016 Turbo S Cabriolet a few weeks ago, and was offered a nice discount on the car -- $20k off sticker and a fair offer for my trade.

The color combination did not work for me ... I thought the agate exterior looked terrific, and I am not adverse to the red interior -- my Carrara white 991 cabriolet was Carrera red inside. But to me, the agate and the red was too much of a clash visually. Had the car been white, silver or black, I might have gone for it. Or had the interior been espresso/cognac or solid espresso it might have been a different story.

Here is the car (now sold):

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used...ting=127297108

If anything the bordeaux looks to be a bit redder, which I think would not help matters. I think I would stick with silver.

Just one opinion ... although I do work in the visual arts.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:36 PM
GarbageMan
Advanced

Originally Posted by vjd3
Everyone's sense of color and what looks good is so subjective. I looked closely at an agate/garnet combo in a 2016 Turbo S Cabriolet a few weeks ago, and was offered a nice discount on the car -- $20k off sticker and a fair offer for my trade.

The color combination did not work for me ... I thought the agate exterior looked terrific, and I am not adverse to the red interior -- my Carrara white 991 cabriolet was Carrera red inside. But to me, the agate and the red was too much of a clash visually. Had the car been white, silver or black, I might have gone for it. Or had the interior been espresso/cognac or solid espresso it might have been a different story.

Here is the car (now sold):

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used...ting=127297108

If anything the bordeaux looks to be a bit redder, which I think would not help matters. I think I would stick with silver.

Just one opinion ... although I do work in the visual arts.
Thank you. Think is kind of what I'm thinking... I'll probably stay with GT Silver...
Old 06-06-2016, 12:18 AM
Marvinta
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very subjective, but my opinion is that it looks very classy. Only you can decided what looks good for you.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:47 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't mind it although you can't go past the black interior if you ask me - regardless of the exterior color it works. Two tone on the other hand could get old fast. The red is quite garish....not everyone's cup of tea. I agree it's also subjective so only you will know what will work for you and what won't. But on the exterior Agate is the pick color out of your selection by far IMO.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:11 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Originally Posted by GarbageMan
Does it go as well with Agate Grey?
Nah...

Looks F#&*ing horrible.
Attached Images   
Old 06-06-2016, 02:14 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Note that the above is the 'old' Black/Red. The new one is a bit darker.

Trending Topics

Old 06-06-2016, 10:12 AM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

My build date is in October. My exterior color is GT Silver Metallic, and my interior is Bordeaux & Black. As I continue to look at the colors, I am wondering if Agate Grey the color I should specify. So here is my stupid question:

Bordeaux & black go great with GT Silver, White and Rhodium Silver exteriors, and Black for that matter... Does it go as well with Agate Grey? Anyone have it? Thanks for your help.
It goes well with both. I have seen both. I prefer GT silver because Agate Grey is too close to the color of the air intakes which means it hides some of the nice features of the car.

Have a look at this photos. It's Carrera Red, so bordeaux will be darker, but I think both look good with Agate.

Old 06-06-2016, 10:36 AM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 78 Posts

FWIW I think that it will be a great combination, add in the Bordeaux gauges to complete the look
Old 06-06-2016, 10:56 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 683 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by speed21
I don't mind it although you can't go past the black interior if you ask me - regardless of the exterior color it works. Two tone on the other hand could get old fast. The red is quite garish....not everyone's cup of tea. I agree it's also subjective so only you will know what will work for you and what won't. But on the exterior Agate is the pick color out of your selection by far IMO.
This would be my exact sentiment.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:24 AM
GarbageMan
Advanced

All-

I very much appreciate the help, and pics to aid my decision. I will say that the Bordeaux & Black is kind of "stepping out here" for me; I have always gotten black interiors, so the comment that the interior can be garish does stick in my mind a bit...but I do like the contrast of the B&B. I'll have to think about this some more, and luckliy have time. I really do like the Agate. Thanks to all again!
Old 06-06-2016, 12:48 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's very helpful to see these things in person ... I would have never thought that tan leather would look good with a dark silver car but I love it on my current ride.

There was a time when certain interior colors were not available with certain exterior colors, that has definitely relaxed.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:48 PM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

All-

I very much appreciate the help, and pics to aid my decision. I will say that the Bordeaux & Black is kind of "stepping out here" for me; I have always gotten black interiors, so the comment that the interior can be garish does stick in my mind a bit...but I do like the contrast of the B&B. I'll have to think about this some more, and luckliy have time. I really do like the Agate. Thanks to all again!
Personally I think you don't need to be concerned. Bordeaux is a more conservative color than Carrera Red and I think it will look stylish and elegant, but it won't look avant garde.

If you want something even more conservative, I think the Espresso/Cognac interior would look excellent with Agate.

Old 06-06-2016, 01:06 PM
Marvinta
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by worf928
Nah...

Looks F#&*ing horrible.
Yeah, see I think that looks great. I also prefer the two tone over the all one color interior. My wife remarked that it's odd that my Spyder is White/black but I bought it used. Given the chance to build my car I always try to go for color with the interior. Black just gets dull after awhile (and it really shows the dust). To each his own.
The following users liked this post:
Ailerons (01-11-2023)
Old 06-06-2016, 02:46 PM
GarbageMan
Advanced

One thing this thread has cleared up for me is the question of whether the B&B looks good with Agate. After looking at the pictures submitted by two forum members, I think it looks great. So, I suppose that it is just a matter of whether I want that look or black. Black is safe, for sure; but the B&B with the counter stitching is pretty doggone sexy... I've never seen the Bordeaux in person, but hope that it is a bit deeper than the previous red. Frankly, it is hard to tell from the internet.

Quick Reply: Agate Grey with Bordeaux & Black interior?