Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

3bar MAP sensor - orientation wrong, how to install?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 11:01 PM
changster123
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 66 Posts
Default 3bar MAP sensor - orientation wrong, how to install?

I'm posting this here because 991's should be the same.

On the 997.2 Turbo S there are 2 MAP sensors, one pre throttle body and one post the throttle body on one side of the intake manifold. I bought two 3 bar Bosch MAP sensors from my tuner which I believe is the same ones that Cobb sells. The two 3 bar ones are identical.

The OEM and 3bar sensor on the pre-TB side is shaped exactly the same, with the little 90 degree bend.

However, the post TB one is different. See below pic. The blue is the new 3bar sensor, and the OEM 2.5bar one. Notice the shape and orientation. The OEM is a long 180 degree sensor, while the 3bar has a 90 degree bend.

If you lined up the screw holes, the orientation of the female end of the plug would switch sides and thus NOT allowing the engine/ECU wiring harness to reach the female end of the plug. It's physically impossible. The only way I would think is to cut open the wiring harness and somehow try to pull that wire out longer.

Questions:
1) Are all 3bar map sensors oriented this way? i.e can I find a 3bar map sensor that is shaped like the OEM one?
2) If you have installed this 90 degree one post the TB, how did you get it to plug in?

This is seriously a PITA. I really don't want to cut open my main wiring harness.

Quick Reply: 3bar MAP sensor - orientation wrong, how to install?