Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

People all over the world, Join hands! - My TTS Mod Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 06:48 PM
cr207
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

I went to AWE, had the intercoolers done, AWE exhaust, GIAC stage 2+ chip, Techart carbon fiber exhaust inlets, and AWE S-flow intake. The car is a beast now. I can make all 4 wheels spin in 1,2,and 3rd gear. Its crazy.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:55 PM
Verinnal
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cr207
I went to AWE, had the intercoolers done, AWE exhaust, GIAC stage 2+ chip, Techart carbon fiber exhaust inlets, and AWE S-flow intake. The car is a beast now. I can make all 4 wheels spin in 1,2,and 3rd gear. Its crazy.
How is daily drivability for you, assuming your car is your daily driver? I hear GIAC is the smoothest, however I've heard from a number of people that now Cobb is getting there as well, if not already.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:05 PM
Verinnal
Racer

Originally Posted by sdg1871
Looks like a Blackvue. I have that in my E63 S.
It's the 650W 2 channel. It's a great unit, and now they have the ability to monitor the unit remotely if it has access to the internet and a wifi hotspot. This is great if a) your car is within range of your wifi at home and b) you have a mifi or hotspot of some sort that you can leave running in your car the whole time. Their new firmware and phone app is leaps and bounds better than previous iterations. Very easy to wire up, and highly recommend the power magic pro for peace of mind.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:56 PM
viperz06
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Verinnal, PLEASE share with me some detail on how you wired the camera, how you hid the wires, etc. I bought a camera but have been pondering the best way to get power to the unit and still have it look good. With all the crazy drivers it is a necessity.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:39 AM
Verinnal
Racer

Originally Posted by viperz06
Verinnal, PLEASE share with me some detail on how you wired the camera, how you hid the wires, etc. I bought a camera but have been pondering the best way to get power to the unit and still have it look good. With all the crazy drivers it is a necessity.
Hey Viper. Ok, busy weekend (wife's Bday) but I'll see what I can do tomorrow morning. I should at least be able to disassemble a pillar or two, take pics, and show you how I routed the wires. If I can't get to the pics this weekend, I'll at least give you some detailed instructions.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:50 AM
viperz06
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very much appreciated. don't go to a lot of trouble. Instructions would be good enough. Just had a case where the camera would have been very helpful.
Old 01-29-2016, 03:04 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,018 Likes on 612 Posts

Also very interested in the dash cam set ups!
Thanks.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:38 PM
Verinnal
Racer

Originally Posted by cr207
Hey Craig,
How do you like the AWE Exhaust? I had spoken to Alex at Tag Motorsports about one. He has one on his TTS, but I ended up going with Europipe in the end. Do you like the sound? I've seen youtube clips but have found them to be useless as it pertains to accurate reproduction of exhaust sounds. When played through a fairly high end speaker system, they all still sound like crap.
Old 01-31-2016, 09:34 PM
cr207
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

The AWE exhaust took a little while to get used to but now I like it a lot. I had a GT3 before the turbo and it reminds me of that sound. It doesn't drone at all and has mellowed out since I first got it. It is really a nice piece of craftsmanship. Also much lighter than stock unit.

Quick Reply: People all over the world, Join hands! - My TTS Mod Thread