Sponsored by: Road Spy

I absolutely love this car!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 08:50 PM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts
Default I absolutely love this car!

I took a 24 hour trip from NNJ to Boston in my 14 Turbo (build sheet at the bottom for info). I left early Saturday morning it was relatively warm and dry and had an awesome ride up to Boston. This car is so comfortable on the open road and the power to pass and over take cars is simply amazing. I made excellent time and could have driven all day...

Woke up Sunday AM to 40 degree temps and rain.... I have winter tires on so no big deal.... it was raining pretty bad at the start plus some ponding on the roads. The TT was unfazed by any of this. Car was great in the bad weather and inspired much confidence.

I averaged about 21-22 MPG over the round trip.... car was flawless!!

With so many threads on problems, noises, etc., I wanted to share my weekend experience and share with the group.

I drive my car all year. It is not a garage queen and I don't care about the next owner. Don't get me wrong, I take care of the car with the full respect it deserves, but I paid too much not to enjoy it all year....

Drive your cars fellas and enjoy the precious gifts of life and your amazing cars you worked so hard for!

Happy New Year to All!

Build sheet:

Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof in Glass
Seat Heating (Front)
Power Steering Plus
Steering Wheel Heating
Carbon Fiber Interior Package
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC)
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package
20" 911 Turbo S Wheels
Burmester® High-End Infotainment Package
Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB)
Preparation Door-Sill Guards, Illuminated
Adaptive Cruise Control incl. Porsche Active Safe (PAS)
Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel in Carbon Fiber
SportDesign Side Mirrors
Center Console Trim in Carbon Fiber
Seat Ventilation (Front)
Headlight Cleaning System Covers in Exterior Color
LED Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
Door-Sill Guards in Carbon Fiber, Illuminated
Porsche Entry & Drive
Fuel Cap with Aluminum Look Finish
Light Design Package
ParkAssist (Front and Rear)
Old 12-28-2015, 09:19 PM
PMNewton
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I daily drive mine as well. Between my build and my mods I have over $200K in mine so it would be pretty senseless for it to just sit there!

- Patrick
Old 12-28-2015, 09:34 PM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Did a short road trip Christmas day with temperature in the mid-60's. Have done 400 mile trips in a day in comfort. Run with winter tires on second set of TTS wheels from now until late March, but don't use it as much in winter as in nice weather. The overtaking power is amazing. A bit like teleporting I think. Don't understand why anyone would buy a rapidly depreciating car like this and not drive it year round--a lot, although the PGTS is also amazing, if not as fast so it get more mileage than my TTS. The TTS does everything very well without drama, including track work.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:59 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's a very nice build you have there Michael! Agree these cars are made to enjoy on a daily basis - very comfortable yet very sporty. No point having something too precious.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:20 AM
77tony
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 116 Posts

As you should ! Great build. T
Old 12-29-2015, 01:16 AM
FBA
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Drive it like you stole it!
Old 12-29-2015, 09:14 AM
Karl911
Burning Brakes

Received 423 Likes on 181 Posts

Having a TTs in the garage is like having a hot woman and not making love to her
Both are meant to enjoy
Old 12-29-2015, 11:10 AM
rcg412
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 81 Posts

Agree. Drive the hell out of it.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:07 PM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by speed21
That's a very nice build you have there Michael! Agree these cars are made to enjoy on a daily basis - very comfortable yet very sporty. No point having something too precious.
Thanks! If you can believe, this TT had an MSRP of 189K. I purchased in Nashville. Legend goes the owner wanted a TTS and they didn't have an allocation so he ordered this car to mirror a TTS. Best part, I purchased as a pre-owned car at TT market rates with only 4K miles..... someone paid a lot of $$ to drive 4K miles...
Old 12-29-2015, 02:10 PM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks for the confirmation....

Now at 30 days of TT ownership here.....mostly happy.

If you are prone to having the perfect looking car - don't get black.
Old 12-29-2015, 06:17 PM
wrs
Instructor

Originally Posted by Hothonda

If you are prone to having the perfect looking car - don't get black.
Black is a hobby, not a color........LOL

Says a guy with two black cars. The RR is a metallic black so it's easier to keep looking good but the CTTS is straight black.
Old 12-29-2015, 06:23 PM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wrs
Black is a hobby, not a color........LOL

Says a guy with two black cars. The RR is a metallic black so it's easier to keep looking good but the CTTS is straight black.
How do you like the cayenne turbo S? Thinking of getting one. Thanks.
Old 12-29-2015, 06:45 PM
wrs
Instructor

Originally Posted by Michael_s
How do you like the cayenne turbo S? Thinking of getting one. Thanks.
We love it. We also have a 2015 RR Sport Supercharged with a luxury interior, dynamic package and Meridian sound system. We only have the Bose in the CTTS.

The seats are better in the CTTS than the ones in the RR. The CTTS handles more like a car than a SUV and I consider it to be more of a luxury performance car. The RR is more of an SUV than the Cayenne and it's made for offroading which I need and can't really do with the CTTS. I added a Fabspeed exhaust with secondary cat bypass pipes to the CTTS and it really growls now. I like driving it around town almost as much as I do the TTS, in fact I find myself taking it instead of the TTS a lot of times. It's easier to get in and out of.
Attached Images    
Old 12-29-2015, 09:12 PM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wrs
We love it. We also have a 2015 RR Sport Supercharged with a luxury interior, dynamic package and Meridian sound system. We only have the Bose in the CTTS.

The seats are better in the CTTS than the ones in the RR. The CTTS handles more like a car than a SUV and I consider it to be more of a luxury performance car. The RR is more of an SUV than the Cayenne and it's made for offroading which I need and can't really do with the CTTS. I added a Fabspeed exhaust with secondary cat bypass pipes to the CTTS and it really growls now. I like driving it around town almost as much as I do the TTS, in fact I find myself taking it instead of the TTS a lot of times. It's easier to get in and out of.
I have a 14 RRS SC with dynamic now. I've done 15000 flawless miles on it. Looking for a change from the "trucky" ride to the "sporty" ride.

Found a leftover 14 with 150 miles. MSRP 160K. Can get with CPO around 105K..... I'm thinking of doing it.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:30 PM
wrs
Instructor

Originally Posted by Michael_s
I have a 14 RRS SC with dynamic now. I've done 15000 flawless miles on it. Looking for a change from the "trucky" ride to the "sporty" ride.

Found a leftover 14 with 150 miles. MSRP 160K. Can get with CPO around 105K..... I'm thinking of doing it.
That sounds like a good deal especially if the Burmester is part of the package. If you want a sporty ride, the CTTS will definitely do that for you. The difference in handling is easily noticeable. The RR sits higher and you can feel the COG is up there which leaves you unable to handle corners or make quick moves on the highway as you can in the CTTS.

Quick Reply: I absolutely love this car!