Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

570S vs 911TTS

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 06:13 PM
95spiderman
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 96 Posts

I don't think 570 depreciation will be any worse than tt. and no way can you find a 650 for $190k.

yes Porsche has awd and back seat, but its still usually purchased by a multi car owner to use for fun. same as will be for the 570.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:37 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 95spiderman
I don't think 570 depreciation will be any worse than tt. and no way can you find a 650 for $190k.

yes Porsche has awd and back seat, but its still usually purchased by a multi car owner to use for fun. same as will be for the 570.
Certainly the turbo is used much more as a DD than any other super car performers. I drive mine every day, rain snow. Would I really drive a Mclaren in the snow, hell no.

As much as people like to down play the turbo and trash it with the usual BS, clinical blabla, cliche, cliche, the car is the best for someone who wants an all season sports car, that has back seats and doesn't want all the idiotic attention a Mclaren or ferrari brings about relentlessly.

Having said, that I look forward to getting a mclaren in the near future, but no way can it replace the way I use my Turbo.

Spider, what do you drive/prefer?
Old 12-29-2015, 01:43 AM
FBA
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use my 1050 HP FGT when I want something really cool and exotic to drive, but my DD, which does everything better and which I drive in wet. dry etc...is my 991.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:43 AM
95spiderman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Gt3Fan
Certainly the turbo is used much more as a DD than any other super car performers. I drive mine every day, rain snow. Would I really drive a Mclaren in the snow, hell no.

As much as people like to down play the turbo and trash it with the usual BS, clinical blabla, cliche, cliche, the car is the best for someone who wants an all season sports car, that has back seats and doesn't want all the idiotic attention a Mclaren or ferrari brings about relentlessly.

Having said, that I look forward to getting a mclaren in the near future, but no way can it replace the way I use my Turbo.

Spider, what do you drive/prefer?
My last 3 dd are lotus elise, gtr, gt3. I would drive other cars in bad weather with gt3 and lotus but gtr did it all. Gtr is even more practical than tt with real back seat and trunk. But i bet people like us are vast minority with most owners putting them away in winter.

Hoping next car is 458 which I much prefer to macca for its na engine. Will not take that out in snow either
Old 12-29-2015, 12:40 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

My last 3 dd are lotus elise, gtr, gt3. I would drive other cars in bad weather with gt3 and lotus but gtr did it all. Gtr is even more practical than tt with real back seat and trunk. But i bet people like us are vast minority with most owners putting them away in winter.

Hoping next car is 458 which I much prefer to macca for its na engine. Will not take that out in snow either
The gtr's back seat, is no better than the turbo's, who are we kidding, it's tiny. Maybe the trunk is bigger than the frunk of the turbo's though.

Have you driven a 458 or a macca? I have and was severly disapointed with both, in particular the macca. EMPERORS CLOTHS, comes to mind. I guess the gimmicks i.e history/passion, silly doors ect draw us all in, myself included.

Having said that, I love both the 458 and the new MC's the 650, 570 and in particular the 675 look really fun.

Why do you like the Macca's turbo engines more than the NA ferrari?
Old 12-29-2015, 12:47 PM
95spiderman
Burning Brakes

The gtr's back seat, is no better than the turbo's, who are we kidding, it's tiny. Maybe the trunk is bigger than the frunk of the turbo's though.

Have you driven a 458 or a macca? I have and was severly disapointed with both, in particular the macca. EMPERORS CLOTHS, comes to mind. I guess the gimmicks i.e history/passion, silly doors ect draw us all in, myself included.

Having said that, I love both the 458 and the new MC's the 650, 570 and in particular the 675 look really fun.

Why do you like the Macca's turbo engines more than the NA ferrari?
gtr rear seats are legit, unlike 911. i have driven to dinner with wife and another couple without too much complaint among other trips.

have driven 458 and think its the ultimate. when spending 200k for car, I want screaming high rpm, not turbos. and don't like the high sills of macca to get in and out. so 458 is my perfect car
Old 12-29-2015, 12:56 PM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

The gtr's back seat, is no better than the turbo's, who are we kidding, it's tiny. Maybe the trunk is bigger than the frunk of the turbo's though. Have you driven a 458 or a macca? I have and was severly disapointed with both, in particular the macca. EMPERORS CLOTHS, comes to mind. I guess the gimmicks i.e history/passion, silly doors ect draw us all in, myself included. Having said that, I love both the 458 and the new MC's the 650, 570 and in particular the 675 look really fun. Why do you like the Macca's turbo engines more than the NA ferrari?
What was it about the 458 that disappointed you?
Old 12-29-2015, 01:50 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

gtr rear seats are legit, unlike 911. i have driven to dinner with wife and another couple without too much complaint among other trips.

have driven 458 and think its the ultimate. when spending 200k for car, I want screaming high rpm, not turbos. and don't like the high sills of macca to get in and out. so 458 is my perfect car
Disagree on those tiny rear seats but no biggie.

I misunderstood you engine comment, thought you meant you preferred the macca's engine over the 458.

You need to sell that gt4 and lotus and get the 458, what the hell are you waiting for?

Originally Posted by Need4S
What was it about the 458 that disappointed you?
When driving around on the street, if felt like nothing special, drove like a lexus, if I were to close my eyes, shockingly disappointing. There was none of this so called SOUL/Rawness and Passion people exaggerate about when speaking about Ferrari's. I got it up to speed 150MPH+, don't ask It was on a very safe road, so I have experienced it beyond putting around.

What I like'ed about it and again, I will get one, I just won't pretend its the greatest thing since sliced bread, when my 991 GT3 was actually a far more vesceral experience and crushed it as a track car to boot.

I liked the engine sound, I love the look, the interior was more special feeling than just about any car I've been in and I actually think this is a big reason, people think Ferrari's give them that more "sense of occasion" compared with other performance cars. It really is superior IMO but how important really is interior, very to some, not at all for others. I liked the seating position, much better/connected feeling than the macca's, though not as good as a GT3's.

Shifting I liked, though of course the PDK-S is faster/superior.

To be perfectly candid, it felt a bit posseurish(if that's a word) and knowing that they just arn't real track cars, to me takes away alot of its authenticity. Ferrari, now largely cater to a real lame crowd, who could care less of their motorsport history and just don't want a raw experience. That's there major customer now, which is why their cars get softer and softer and less and less raw/authentic.

The Scud is much more up my ally

Understand, I grew up with Ferrari posters all over my bed room walls and they were my dream for as long as I can remember. Now that I've had multiple chances to buy one, I keep going in different directions, like the GT3 or the now turbo and perhaps the new R8. I will eventually have to force myself to buy one, to satisfy my boyhood obssesion.

I guess part of it, is being turned off by many of the owners and how they enjoy their cars i.e garage queens, no tracking. Not all, but so many. I like to test cars out hard on the track and like other people who do the same. Standing around at cars and coffee, when you don't even use the car as intended is just so fake and rubs me the wrong way.
Old 12-29-2015, 02:08 PM
95spiderman
Burning Brakes

what am I waiting for re 458? money! lol
I only have lotus now. sold the 997gt3 years ago
Old 12-29-2015, 02:29 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

what am I waiting for re 458? money! lol
I only have lotus now. sold the 997gt3 years ago
Sell your soul, according to the good bro's on Fchat, ferrari's have soul, so you will regain what you lost, no worries
Old 12-30-2015, 12:47 AM
islandtrader
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you sure you put the 458 into RACE MODE. The 458 is no lexus, drive in RACE MODE. My 458 begs me to really punch it all the time and wow it gets my blood pumping!

Disagree on those tiny rear seats but no biggie.

I misunderstood you engine comment, thought you meant you preferred the macca's engine over the 458.

You need to sell that gt4 and lotus and get the 458, what the hell are you waiting for?

When driving around on the street, if felt like nothing special, drove like a lexus, if I were to close my eyes, shockingly disappointing. There was none of this so called SOUL/Rawness and Passion people exaggerate about when speaking about Ferrari's. I got it up to speed 150MPH+, don't ask It was on a very safe road, so I have experienced it beyond putting around.

What I like'ed about it and again, I will get one, I just won't pretend its the greatest thing since sliced bread, when my 991 GT3 was actually a far more vesceral experience and crushed it as a track car to boot.

I liked the engine sound, I love the look, the interior was more special feeling than just about any car I've been in and I actually think this is a big reason, people think Ferrari's give them that more "sense of occasion" compared with other performance cars. It really is superior IMO but how important really is interior, very to some, not at all for others. I liked the seating position, much better/connected feeling than the macca's, though not as good as a GT3's.

Shifting I liked, though of course the PDK-S is faster/superior.

To be perfectly candid, it felt a bit posseurish(if that's a word) and knowing that they just arn't real track cars, to me takes away alot of its authenticity. Ferrari, now largely cater to a real lame crowd, who could care less of their motorsport history and just don't want a raw experience. That's there major customer now, which is why their cars get softer and softer and less and less raw/authentic.

The Scud is much more up my ally

Understand, I grew up with Ferrari posters all over my bed room walls and they were my dream for as long as I can remember. Now that I've had multiple chances to buy one, I keep going in different directions, like the GT3 or the now turbo and perhaps the new R8. I will eventually have to force myself to buy one, to satisfy my boyhood obssesion.

I guess part of it, is being turned off by many of the owners and how they enjoy their cars i.e garage queens, no tracking. Not all, but so many. I like to test cars out hard on the track and like other people who do the same. Standing around at cars and coffee, when you don't even use the car as intended is just so fake and rubs me the wrong way.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:52 AM
Flowmacks
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Comparison test--->. http://www.topgear.com/car-news/supe...vs-audi-r8-v10
Old 12-30-2015, 01:12 AM
Randyc151
Three Wheelin'

Received 277 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Flowmacks
What a completely nothing story. Some guy driving them and telling us he likes one? Yawn.

The serious flaw with this video was that he COMPLETELY ignored and performance data, and this seemed to be solely based on a drive through some twisties. Seat of the pants is important, by all means, but they don't pick the winner of races based on how the driver feels, they base it on how fast the cars go.

Last edited by Randyc151; 12-30-2015 at 09:31 AM.
Old 12-30-2015, 01:25 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah one guy's version. Big deal. I tried hard to get interested but I fell asleep too.
Old 12-30-2015, 10:07 PM
RCorsa
Pro

Received 440 Likes on 197 Posts

MC is a car looking for a niche IMO. You want an amazing DD sports car, the TTS is hands down the best overall package. For the track or for hot weekend driving get a GT3 if $ is an issue or a 458/458S if its not. I'm getting the 488 in 8 weeks so I'm happy to have 4 turbos (TT in each) in my garage soon....

Quick Reply: 570S vs 911TTS