Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 Turbo (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo-230/)
-   -   DRONES on my ass at COTA -- Two 991TTS on the track (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/893116-drones-on-my-ass-at-cota-two-991tts-on-the-track.html)

wrs 09-11-2015 02:41 PM

DRONES on my ass at COTA -- Two 991TTS on the track

6 Attachment(s)
Alas, he passed me, he gets ahead of me every time. :)

But I passed a few cars myself. All in all, a very enjoyable day last Sunday at COTA.

cloud9blue 09-16-2015 01:12 AM

Cool pictures, thanks for posting!
just wondering, what's a typical laptime for you at COTA? Are you running stock P-zero or some other tires?

wrs 09-16-2015 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by cloud9blue (Post 12594965)
Cool pictures, thanks for posting!
just wondering, what's a typical laptime for you at COTA? Are you running stock P-zero or some other tires?

I am running stock PZero and DRONES is running PZero Trofeo R so he has more grip.

My best lap was 2:42 on that day and unless I was having to slow down for other cars, most of my laps were in the 2:44-2:47 range on that day. I will get faster by carrying more speed into 8, 4 and then through 13-15. I also need to do a better job on the apexes at 11 and 20 so that I am more lined up with the stretch and can accelerate sooner. I am probably losing time there and sometimes I take the turn too early on 1 as well. Those are all late apexes and they are tricky to figure out the braking for. You have to be really patient and wait for them. The track is very technical and you really need to be patient almost everywhere or you get out of position easily.

Here was my fastest lap that day

sdg1871 09-16-2015 02:20 PM

DRONES on my ass at COTA -- Two 991TTS on the track

Originally Posted by wrs
I am running stock PZero and DRONES is running PZero Trofeo R so he has more grip.

My best lap was 2:42 on that day and unless I was having to slow down for other cars, most of my laps were in the 2:44-2:47 range on that day. I will get faster by carrying more speed into 8, 4 and then through 13-15. I also need to do a better job on the apexes at 11 and 20 so that I am more lined up with the stretch and can accelerate sooner. I am probably losing time there and sometimes I take the turn too early on 1 as well. Those are all late apexes and they are tricky to figure out the braking for. You have to be really patient and wait for them. The track is very technical and you really need to be patient almost everywhere or you get out of position easily.

Here was my fastest lap that day

Yes there is a huge traction difference between the summer performance P Zeros and the steerable competition, r compound Trofeo Rs. I would expect the car equipped with those to be at good deal faster around the track at COTA than the P Zero equipped car if all else was equal. Those Trofeo Rs stick like glue

kyrocks 09-23-2015 01:33 AM

My TTS with Trofeo R was 2:26-2:27 last time I was there. GT3 is faster.

wrs 09-23-2015 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by kyrocks (Post 12613992)
My TTS with Trofeo R was 2:26-2:27 last time I was there. GT3 is faster.

I am aiming for 2:30 with PZeros but that will require better driving. :)

TrackDays247.com 09-25-2015 01:20 PM

+1 on getting out of position at COTA....that track, more than any other, is ALL about rhythm and car positioning at speed...