Sponsored by: Road Spy

OBD Tuning is finally here for 991 turbo S

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 06:19 PM
CPais
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default OBD Tuning is finally here for 991 turbo S

The Cobb Accessport os finally available for the 991 Turbo and Turbo S. It will be available the week of August 3rd. If anyone in SoCal is interested in denoting their car before and after our dyno is available to all those that want to use it. Our dyno is ideal for denoting the 991 Turbo.

The Cobb access port comes with several built in tunes that can net you up to a 40% increase in power and torque on race fuel and between 20% and 30% on pump gas.

If you want to see the results we can show them to you on your car with our dyno, we will also have the Access pPorts available if you don't come with one.

It's damn good to see this tuning option become available to everyone.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:25 PM
SpeedyGonzales
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are saying that you'll be able to extract anywhere from 112-168 whp from a TTS?
Old 07-28-2015, 06:32 PM
wrs
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can I just get it from Cobb here in Austin? I might want to unhook the FVD module and see how this works with the bolt ons I already have.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:35 PM
CPais
Advanced

Originally Posted by SpeedyGonzales
You are saying that you'll be able to extract anywhere from 112-168 whp from a TTS?
I'm saying that these number are from Cobb and they are written in a very unique way so let me explain it before this start getting misconstrued. We are happy to dyno your car before and after so you can have a good comparison of what you got fro any modification.

Here are the figures that are being published from Cobb. And these are the tunes that will already be preloaded into the Cobb Accessport when you purchase it. Further custom tuning can be done as well and those tunes can also be saved to the Cobb Accessport.

Maximum Power Gains are not recorder at peak horsepower, they are recorded somewhere along the dyno chart.

Dyno Chart Stage 1
Stage 1 91oct:

MAX TQ Gains - 20%
MAX HP Gains - 20%
PEAK TQ Gains - 18%
PEAK HP Gains - 3%

Stage 1 93oct:

MAX TQ Gains - 26%
MAX HP Gains - 26%
PEAK TQ Gains - 23%
PEAK HP Gains - 3%

Stage 1 100oct:

MAX TQ Gains - 31%
MAX HP Gains - 30%
PEAK TQ Gains - 27%
PEAK HP Gains - 13%

Dyno Chart Stage 2
Stage 2 ACN91oct:

MAX TQ Gains - 33%
MAX HP Gains - 35%
PEAK TQ Gains - 18%
PEAK HP Gains - 15%

Stage 2 93oct:

MAX TQ Gains - 40%
MAX HP Gains - 40%
PEAK TQ Gains - 23%
PEAK HP Gains - 16%

Stage 2 100oct:

MAX TQ Gains - 40%
MAX HP Gains - 40%
PEAK TQ Gains - 23%
PEAK HP Gains - 21%
Old 07-28-2015, 06:43 PM
CPais
Advanced

Originally Posted by wrs
Can I just get it from Cobb here in Austin? I might want to unhook the FVD module and see how this works with the bolt ons I already have.
You should be able to purchase this unit from any Cobb dealer so I would say that Cobb themselves should easily be able to get that for you.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:22 PM
FBA
Racer

Those numbers are pretty well inline with the GIAC tunes - so it's of real interest to me. I like the fact that I can buy them and load them myself, not having to send the ECU out to them each time there's an update or an initial tune. That's a deal breaker for me.

Will these tunes work in a 2016, or only up to 2015, and can I load the ECU back to stock at will without anyone knowing it had once been tuned?
Old 07-29-2015, 12:38 AM
Scarafin
Cruisin'

Cpais, can't find your post on the IPD plenum anywhere on the "other place",
are you still going to document the dyno for us?

Cheers,
Scar
Old 07-29-2015, 07:19 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It certainly can't be said you haven't been patient Scar. I'm curious of the outcome myself but all I hear is crickets and its been ages now. Come on CPais what gives???
Old 07-29-2015, 03:20 PM
CPais
Advanced

Originally Posted by FBA
Those numbers are pretty well inline with the GIAC tunes - so it's of real interest to me. I like the fact that I can buy them and load them myself, not having to send the ECU out to them each time there's an update or an initial tune. That's a deal breaker for me.

Will these tunes work in a 2016, or only up to 2015, and can I load the ECU back to stock at will without anyone knowing it had once been tuned?
Yes it can be loaded back to stock with the OBD tuner which makes it really convenient and you can easily switch tunes if you are using race gas. It can also be loaded with a custom tune as well and the Coob handheld unit can hold all these tunes in its memory.

Originally Posted by Scarafin
Cpais, can't find your post on the IPD plenum anywhere on the "other place",
are you still going to document the dyno for us?

Cheers,
Scar
I'm an idiot and have been posting from my personal account without even realizing it as we are a sponsor but I have not been using my sponsored account. I am trying to recover that thread now so I can repost it under my sponsored account because they took it down because I was not a sponsor.

Originally Posted by speed21
It certainly can't be said you haven't been patient Scar. I'm curious of the outcome myself but all I hear is crickets and its been ages now. Come on CPais what gives???
I'm sorry but the car was in the dealership for almost 3 weeks getting the active aero repaired. We got the car back the other day so I can get the wing up now to take the rear bumper off. The IPD plenum has been installed on the car and we are fabricating some intercoolers on the car right now. After we have everything in place with the new intercoolers I will reinstall the stock ones and test the car. I would expect the results by the end of the week. I hope that they are good because I have some plenums in stock that we would like to sell, but if they are not positive we will still be honest with everyone about the results regardless.

Quick Reply: OBD Tuning is finally here for 991 turbo S