Sponsored by: Road Spy

991 TTS value

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 04:21 PM
gsc
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RCorsa
What year is this car with a 30k discount off MSRP. I'd love to know which dealer in nyc takes a loss on such a car. What's your secret..?

I made the dealer work hard- its that simple!
Old 02-11-2015, 06:38 PM
TurboMD
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great comments

For tts!

Here is my research for future shoppers and i have lived this life for the past 5 months

2014 new: look for 13% off
2015: new look for 8 to 9% off

I custom ordered my 2015 tts off allotment and got a dream for 9% off. Very happy and will keep forever.

Good luck

Don't forget to factor tradein to any purchase price

Good luck shopping!
Old 02-11-2015, 08:02 PM
RCorsa
Pro

Received 440 Likes on 197 Posts

I got 9% as well on my 2015 highly optioned car with everything I wanted. 160s I guess makes sense for a 2014 that's been in the lot for nearly two years potentially ( the 2014 turbo started hitting lots in July 2013) as it's burning big time interest $ for a dealer at that point and less likely to sell as every month goes by. My impression and thus my skepticism was (due in large part from lack of clarity by GSC) was that deal was on a 2015. No dealer I know of (and I buy a lot of cars) will take a loss on a new model year car.

As for TurboMD that's a great deal for a build application. Great job and beautiful ride!!

As for the OP, if you can get a lock on an RS allocation by trading in the TTS at 144k.--DO IT! RS allocations are being given to 918 owners first (should they want them) and then to big lists. You could easily make us your loss. My dealer offered me a 918 and then an RS but I don't have 1m to burn on a car only to burn another 200 for the RS For me if I could do that I would get the LaFerrari. Anyway I digress.....
Old 02-11-2015, 08:23 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 420 Likes on 219 Posts

Turbos are the worst Porsche car to buy when it comes to depreciation. They dump like crazy.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:05 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 293 Likes on 161 Posts

I got 9% as well on my 2015 highly optioned car with everything I wanted. 160s I guess makes sense for a 2014 that's been in the lot for nearly two years potentially ( the 2014 turbo started hitting lots in July 2013) as it's burning big time interest $ for a dealer at that point and less likely to sell as every month goes by. My impression and thus my skepticism was (due in large part from lack of clarity by GSC) was that deal was on a 2015. No dealer I know of (and I buy a lot of cars) will take a loss on a new model year car.

As for TurboMD that's a great deal for a build application. Great job and beautiful ride!!

As for the OP, if you can get a lock on an RS allocation by trading in the TTS at 144k.--DO IT! RS allocations are being given to 918 owners first (should they want them) and then to big lists. You could easily make us your loss. My dealer offered me a 918 and then an RS but I don't have 1m to burn on a car only to burn another 200 for the RS For me if I could do that I would get the LaFerrari. Anyway I digress.....
LaFerraris are now 2.8m asking. I like my TT it's not going anywhere.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:46 PM
gsc
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wat clarification do you require, I posted my deal. I also was able to get 12% off a 2015 model, if i wanted, of course.

GSC
Old 02-11-2015, 11:07 PM
cabman4007
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

12% off a 2015 is amazing. What is their profit margin? 15%
Old 02-12-2015, 12:11 AM
RCorsa
Pro

Originally Posted by gsc
Wat clarification do you require, I posted my deal. I also was able to get 12% off a 2015 model, if i wanted, of course.

GSC
Right. Right. I had a chance to snag Gisele before Tom Brady nailed her but I turned it down too. So you settled on a year older car for a few percent. Makes sense.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:16 AM
RCorsa
Pro

Originally Posted by carcommander
LaFerraris are now 2.8m asking. I like my TT it's not going anywhere.
Wow. I haven't seen any U.S. cars on secondary market as of yet, but I would not be surprised. We just got our first two deliveries locally last month. It's an unreal car and really a collectors piece for the ages....
Old 02-12-2015, 06:47 AM
SHAG
Racer

I'd go for the laferrarri over the 918 all day... I am 95% sure I have an RS allocation. If i some how get snubbed, I might go to a F speciale of 488.

I don't know why Porsche is flooding the market like this with the turbo. I know it's not a limited production car, but give me a break. It reminds me of when I was 19 and bought a brand new 04 chevy truck. Chevy flooded the market in 05 with their lower prices and 0% and I was stuck with a chevy...
Old 02-12-2015, 09:48 AM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Agree with RCorsa. Just trade your TTS for the RS now.

I find it interesting that there is so much discussion about saving maybe between $20 to 30k on a TTS when a new RS or a 488 won't go out the door for much if any discount. There is, of course the uncertain wait for an RS or 488 speciale.

It certainly is relatively satisfying to get the best deal and the market is not totally efficient or transparent so big discounts are available. However, except for rare models like LaFerrari, cars like the TT/TTS will depreciate whether they sit in a garage, are driven daily or are tracked. That is the price of admission. If the OP wants an RS that is what he should get and expect to pay the price. I realized that my ordered car would cost ~$20-30k the minute I took ownership, but wanted to build my own TTS and wanted it last July, which I got. I also have no plans to sell it. Life is short so just drive what you want and enjoy it, for agonizing over the cost is not an especially productive use of one's time or energy.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:37 AM
RCorsa
Pro

Originally Posted by ****
I'd go for the laferrarri over the 918 all day... I am 95% sure I have an RS allocation. If i some how get snubbed, I might go to a F speciale of 488.

I don't know why Porsche is flooding the market like this with the turbo. I know it's not a limited production car, but give me a break. It reminds me of when I was 19 and bought a brand new 04 chevy truck. Chevy flooded the market in 05 with their lower prices and 0% and I was stuck with a chevy...
This is now a common business model for all car
Companies (even exotics which are generally owned by larger companies). Lamborghini flooded the market with the gallardo and as such resale was low and at the end of the run new cars became available well below MSRP. This has continued withe the Huracan. Ferrari started with the F430 and the Italia has had a similar fate (except the spider for now which still sells above MSRP with low mileage)

The new Ferrari CEO has even said with new models (488GTB) will see even higher production numbers in order to reduce waiting times and lists. This means big profit for the company and they could care less what resale is (although dealers care) With this, only limited production cars will sell at top dollar. In Europe however it is even worse than the U.S. There,it appears only the super exotics/Hypercars hold any value as I frequently hear of the speciale or f12 selling below MSRP and with literally no wait for an allocation.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:31 PM
TurboMD
Instructor

Originally Posted by AndrewP
Agree with RCorsa. Just trade your TTS for the RS now. I find it interesting that there is so much discussion about saving maybe between $20 to 30k on a TTS when a new RS or a 488 won't go out the door for much if any discount. There is, of course the uncertain wait for an RS or 488 speciale. It certainly is relatively satisfying to get the best deal and the market is not totally efficient or transparent so big discounts are available. However, except for rare models like LaFerrari, cars like the TT/TTS will depreciate whether they sit in a garage, are driven daily or are tracked. That is the price of admission. If the OP wants an RS that is what he should get and expect to pay the price. I realized that my ordered car would cost ~$20-30k the minute I took ownership, but wanted to build my own TTS and wanted it last July, which I got. I also have no plans to sell it. Life is short so just drive what you want and enjoy it, for agonizing over the cost is not an especially productive use of one's time or energy.
Amen
Well said.
Buy
Enjoy the car while you still have a functioning brain, no cardiac issues, no strokes and no bladder or bowel functioning problems

Driving my TTS all day today and the weekend and enjoying life!
Best
Old 02-12-2015, 09:24 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 420 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboMD
Amen
Well said.
Buy
Enjoy the car while you still have a functioning brain, no cardiac issues, no strokes and no bladder or bowel functioning problems

Driving my TTS all day today and the weekend and enjoying life!
Best
Yep.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:30 PM
needspeed
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Yep.
Yes, enjoy this awesome ride.

Quick Reply: 991 TTS value