Sponsored by: Road Spy

A dirty post

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 12:17 PM
RCorsa
Pro

Received 436 Likes on 196 Posts
Default A dirty post

So this is going to be a random question. Last month I got my first 911-- a 2015 TTS. The car is amazing as you all know. The only other Porsche was a Pani GTS but I've mainly been in Ferrari and Lamborghini for sports cars.

One thing that seams odd, and I'm assuming it's the aerodynamics of the car -- is how dirty it gets when driving. Especially the back end but even just outside of the door sill. Literally it looks filty after 20-30 miles. Granted the weather hasn't been great but after driving my wives ML to the mountains in snow and rain it looks cleaner than my TTS going 20 min to work and back (both are white)

I'm going next week to get opticoat or 22ple done to see if this helps otherwise I guess I'll have to hire a mobile detailer to meet me at home every day.... Maybe my OCD is getting the best of me?
Old 01-24-2015, 12:30 PM
Fred Flintstone
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my 2015TTS in Nov - promptly put 2,500 highway miles on it (no snow, only a sprinkle of rain). Car definitely needed a wash after that (i think most cars would) and took it to shop to get that done. Have not done enough short trips yet to know how dirty it gets and how quickly. I'm **** too, so I hope it's not a car that likes to get dirty. Will find out this spring. By the way, I have black.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:18 PM
GrandLaker
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've noticed each time I drive mine I get a fine black "mist", mainly on the back end of the car. Just assume it's from how rich the car runs. On yellow it's definitely noticeable. I've gotten in the habit of using the Griots spray on speed shine with quality microfiber towel after each drive and two minutes it's back to being spotless.

Old 01-24-2015, 03:41 PM
RCorsa
Pro

Received 436 Likes on 196 Posts

Yes exactly. The black mist is the same thing I've noticed. I've never noticed it on my other cars driven in the same conditions/routes.
Old 01-24-2015, 04:13 PM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Opticoat helps cleanup quite a bit, especially the TTS wheels, but the back picks up dust. I also use Blackfire polish, which helps keep the shine. I find, surprisingly, that a car duster helps and does not leave any hazing or scratching at all and only takes a few minutes. Of course, a duster should not be used if the car gets wet then dries with the grit/dirt.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:41 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by GrandLaker
I've noticed each time I drive mine I get a fine black "mist", mainly on the back end of the car. Just assume it's from how rich the car runs. On yellow it's definitely noticeable. I've gotten in the habit of using the Griots spray on speed shine with quality microfiber towel after each drive and two minutes it's back to being spotless.
Same here on the back end of the car, and esp. above the exhaust tips.... very noticeable on white!

Quick Reply: A dirty post