Sponsored by: Road Spy

Feeler: Need a garage in Dallas

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 11:42 PM
PMNewton
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Feeler: Need a garage in Dallas

I need to borrow a garage for an evening in the Dallas area and I'm hoping that a forum member will be willing to help. Here's the situation, my 991 turbo should be arriving at Park Place Porsche in late January. After taking delivery, I need to polish all of the paint surfaces that will be covered in clear film before delivering the car to Norm Schilling at Invisibra in Carrollton. The challenge I'm running into is that I live in New Mexico and would like to accomplish the delivery, detailing and clear bra over a four day weekend. So far, Norm turned me down for use of his shop and the dealership has not been responsive to my inquiries about using their facilities to accomplish the paint polishing.

Is there anyone in the Dallas area that would be willing to lend me use of their garage on a Thursday afternoon in late Jan-early Feb?

Cheers,
Patrick
Old 12-17-2014, 09:46 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 218 Posts

Depending on when it is, I may be able to help you. I got my TTS from Park Place and I also used Norm.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:35 PM
PMNewton
Instructor

Awesome! Thanks kyrocks. I'd love to get a look at Norm's work and see that Birch Green up close. The dealer anticipates having the car in stock on 30 Jan. I would most likely be taking delivery on Thursday, 5 Feb. I can arrange to start anywhere between noon and five depending on what works best for you. Just let me know what works.

Cheers,
- Patrick
Old 12-18-2014, 12:27 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 218 Posts

FYI, Park Place lets my detail guy work there all the time. He does a great job. Let me know if you want me to set you up with him and your car won't need to leave the dealer.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:15 AM
PMNewton
Instructor

Thanks for the offer. I prefer to know the history of the film build on my car so I exclusively do my own corrective work. I know how to get maximum refinement without removing more clear coat than is absolutely necessary.

Cheers,
- Patrick

Quick Reply: Feeler: Need a garage in Dallas