New 2015 TTS on its way

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 06:37 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RCorsa
Cleaned up
That is a fine specimen you have there! I love the white on black combo, it works really well on an S with the yellow calipers and PCCB, wheels etc. The S is such an incredible package. The pick of the bunch imo. Enjoy her in good health!

Originally Posted by sdg1871
I am picking up my new 2014 991 Turbo S today and after done lots of research here is my initial performance mod list:

GIAC ECU flash
Europipe exhaust with 100 cell cats
IPD plenum
Diverter valves (you need 2 of them)
BMC filter

Will add intercoolers when they come out. Expect them to be released soon by Champion Motorsports

Other mods:

Full xPel ultimate wrap
Clearplex on windshield
Full tint
Laser jammers
Integrated radar detector with display in rearview mirror

Summer wheels: ADV005 Track Spec CS (Veyron stainless face with polished spoke windows and lip)

Thinking about KW HLS system for better protection from driveway lips
Nice! Always important to do the homework! Btw what's the story with the diverter valves? Is there a specific benefit with those?
Old 12-23-2014, 08:22 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sales@FabSpeed
We have no intention of derailing RCorsa’s thread any further than it already has been. He posted asking about modifications for his 991TT. We provided clear and concise information on a product that we offer for his car, which has been extremely well-received by other 991TT owners. We have already stated that we source and use HJS catalysts in our systems; we do not manufacture the catalysts. We work closely with the engineers at HJS to develop and determine the best catalyst for each system that we design and manufacture. We trust their qualifications, engineering, testing, and expertise, and have had phenomenal results from all of their catalysts for as long as we’ve been using them. All of your specific questions about wash coats and emissions-compliancy will need to be directed to HJS Germany directly, as they are the only ones qualified to speak to those specifications.

What we can tell you is that our exhaust systems that utilize these HJS catalysts are currently being used (very successfully) by our customers year-round in 49 of 50 US states (California not included) without issue, as well as countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, the Middle East, and more. We use HJS catalysts specifically because they are the most reliable and most respected high performance catalysts available on the market. Their construction, durability, performance, and longevity are all second-to-none and in many cases outperform and outlast many OEM catalysts. I am not sure what you’re trying to prove, but we have a very long track record of very satisfied customers and we stand behind the products that we develop and sell. If you have any further questions, we encourage you to email us at info@fabspeed.com so that this thread can remain on topic.
1) You have indeed derailed the OP's thread by taking it upon yourselves to call my comments regarding the heat shielding out, referring it as being "superfluous". It appears rather than you providing this costly shielding on your own cat systems, you have instead chosen to pursue excuse and justification, providing commentary which completely conflicts with every other credible engineering source on the internet who has provided information on the subject matter.

2) Your bombardment of Marketing hype is not clear and concise information! Where is the detail on the emissions capability of the cats you sell? Where is the testing data to support any of your claims?? You have answered not one fair and reasonable question to date with regard to your claimed development and testing in conjunction with HJS least of all anything else. Ordering a specific size/dimension cat core to fit a system for a given car is not developing or testing! Testing entails simulation of varying operating conditions/premature failure scenarios, to arrive at conclusions, and, to provide quality facts to support your claims.

3) You say all these customers of yours are satisfied and your service is the be all end all? Really? I refer to Cuda911 right here on RL as just one recent case in point.

4) Btw your so called "clear and concise information" below claims your performance sports headers have "no cuts or welds in the piping until the collectors" but your photo below shows the exact opposite! Those welds and joins don't look very good either!. GMG, BBI, and others are an absolute work of art in comparison and for little more $! You say your quality is second to none? Perhaps you should take a good look at your direct competitors products first before making that (self indulgent) claim again.

[QUOTE=Sales@FabSpeed;11872100] Fabspeed's Sport Headers are constructed from high-quality 14-16 gauge CNC Mandrel Bent T304L stainless steel for optimum flow and maximum durability which means there are no cuts or welds in the piping until the collectors. They are a direct bolt on replacement with no cutting or welding required for installation.

[QUOTE]

5) Lastly. Nope. I don't need to prove one little thing here. Unless you are prepared to put up facts/data, back up your claims and answer reasonable questions asked then please do not quote me ever again. Good day to you Sir!

Last edited by speed21; 12-23-2014 at 09:05 PM.
Old 12-24-2014, 07:20 AM
sdg1871
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by speed21

Nice! Always important to do the homework! Btw what's the story with the diverter valves? Is there a specific benefit with those?
The use of the Champion race diverter valves is more of a preventative measure. When you are running at higher than stock levels of boost, it puts a lot of pressure on the OEM diverter valves which are rubber. As time goes by the higher boost can compromise the valves which will cause issues. The Champion diverter values are metal and, as such, are more robust and more able to handle the increased boost. No reason to get these if you are not running elevated levels of boost IMHO. But if you are going GIAC stage 2 or a similar high boost tune they are a good idea and they are inexpensive ($175 a piece and the car needs two of them).

Quick Reply: New 2015 TTS on its way