Gen 2.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 09:04 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Gen 2.

http://ninemsn.carsales.com.au/news/...&_r=NH_editori

I've always thought the atmo S for the $ was sitting far too close to much cheaper competition as a street performer, but that problem will soon be fixed....long overdue. And at 395kw the new 911S 3.4 turbo will certainly represent good value against current gen 1 991tt....which will have less power at 385kw. Can only mean gen 2 tt and tts will need significantly more performance to justify the higher tags. I mean how much faster can they go?
Old 12-07-2014, 12:24 AM
PMNewton
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be right after I finally get a 991 TT, wouldn't it?

- Patrick
Old 12-07-2014, 08:46 AM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

This article was based on one report. More recent reports suggest that the S power increase will be about 30 HP (to bring to 430). So the difference between the S and TT will be maintained. This was true of the Cayenne and Panny refreshes.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:35 AM
wrs
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Of course the new engines won't be as capable of increased hp through mods due to their lower displacement. In addition, there will be a significant lag time to market for any such mods so the current cars can be modded up substantially in hp as many have already done. I am fairly certain my car is well over 650hp with the mods I have on it. I am completely satisfied with where I have it and don't care what the new models offer, I paid enough for this one.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:04 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by WCH BOS
This article was based on one report. More recent reports suggest that the S power increase will be about 30 HP (to bring to 430). So the difference between the S and TT will be maintained. This was true of the Cayenne and Panny refreshes.
My dealer confirms report is on the money. They re assure tt/tts will always have sufficient differences to maintain cred over the lower priced models.... and not to worry etc....but that's dealer talk let's face it. Ultimately it comes down to the performance numbers, although that may not necessarily mean the cheaper car can't be modded to produce good numbers too. I do agree with the greater displacement though. That is always an advantage. But has Porsche ever mad a newer model "worse"? Then of course there always will be the more attractive look of the revised car which historically has the greatest impact along the line.

Originally Posted by wrs
Of course the new engines won't be as capable of increased hp through mods due to their lower displacement. In addition, there will be a significant lag time to market for any such mods so the current cars can be modded up substantially in hp as many have already done. I am fairly certain my car is well over 650hp with the mods I have on it. I am completely satisfied with where I have it and don't care what the new models offer, I paid enough for this one.
Agree, and I'm pretty sure all TT/TTS owners will see it this way at one point too. It will be interesting to see how the new cars perform though. They have made big steps with the turbo's engine note as we know so losing the pure atmo sound for a whole lot more torque and performance is more than a fair trade off.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:36 AM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by PMNewton

- Patrick
...**** happens. But it's ok.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:30 PM
wrs
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PMNewton

- Patrick
Could be worse, you could be like me and have oil drop $40 after your big well comes in. My well was completed on July 19 and the price of oil has been falling ever since.

Quick Reply: Gen 2.