Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

BMW M3- E90 vs Porsche GT3 991 PDK?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 03:03 AM
Hrvip Hrvip
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMW M3- E90 vs Porsche GT3 991 PDK?

Porsche beats BMW. Porsche is a better made car and faster than a bmw, although handling is pretty close so you're good in both cars. BMW is no slouch though as they have excellent handling and the M3 is super fast. Porsche tries to stay a step ahead of bmw and That's why I give them the edge

Last edited by Hrvip Hrvip; 11-17-2014 at 04:25 AM.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:15 AM
Flowmacks
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8380...vs-f80-m3.html
Old 10-25-2014, 10:37 AM
Fred Flintstone
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hrvip Hrvip
Porsche beats BMW. Porsche is a better made car and faster than a bmw, although handling is pretty close so you're good in both cars. BMW is no slouch though as they have excellent handling and the M3 is super fast. Porsche tries to stay a step ahead of bmw and That's why I give them the edge
These comparisons are fun. But, I'm sorry, a GT3 costs at least $50K more than an M3. If you don't get a significantly better car in every respect when buying a GT3 (over an M3) -- then shame on you! Isn't it obvious that the GT3 is a better car? That is not a rhetorical question either. I often wonder if there is a segment of humans out there that buy things purely because they cost more - without any regard for value/quality. Why? Because everyone that cares to know what cars cost - knows what you paid for your car. This is a way for some people to simply say -- hey, I have a lot of money. I don't know... could be. shrugs.

In the tiny little world I live in, a car that costs north of 50% more than another car had better damn well be a better car -- hands down - no doubt!
Old 10-25-2014, 06:19 PM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default +1

Originally Posted by Fred Flintstone
These comparisons are fun. But, I'm sorry, a GT3 costs at least $50K more than an M3. If you don't get a significantly better car in every respect when buying a GT3 (over an M3) -- then shame on you! Isn't it obvious that the GT3 is a better car? That is not a rhetorical question either. I often wonder if there is a segment of humans out there that buy things purely because they cost more - without any regard for value/quality. Why? Because everyone that cares to know what cars cost - knows what you paid for your car. This is a way for some people to simply say -- hey, I have a lot of money. I don't know... could be. shrugs.

In the tiny little world I live in, a car that costs north of 50% more than another car had better damn well be a better car -- hands down - no doubt!
Well put.

Comparisons are inevitable, but comparing like or very nearly like value/quality and of course performance tends to be a more revealing narrative. Let's face it. Beyond safe, reliable basic automotive transportation it gets exponentially more subjective. Which is fine with me.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:35 PM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Odd comparo

Last edited by Hothonda; 10-26-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:21 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What? Comparing 991Gt3 to new M3? Loooool.....funny funny stuff guys! Verrry cheeky op...love the "edging out" bit...like GT3 had a hard time hahahaa. In your dreams! lmao!

Quick Reply: BMW M3- E90 vs Porsche GT3 991 PDK?