Sponsored by: Road Spy

Winter Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 10:39 PM
enzom
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Winter Wheels

What are you guys doing for winter wheels? TireRack is not showing any wheels available for the 991 TT. Not interested in spending $10k for HRE wheels/tires. Could spend $6 to $7k at Suncoast or my local dealer for the OEM 20 inch wheels with Michelin Alpins, but I am curious if there is something else out there that works for roughly the same $$.

To be clear - I do not plan on driving the car in the snow. I want winter tires so that I have good traction in the November - March months and do not want to keep swapping rubber on the factory wheels. I have resigned myself to the conclusion that my 19 inch BBS winter wheels/tires off my 991 C2S will not clear the dust shields on the TT. Put about 400 miles on them and will just sell them.

Thanks.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:48 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I'd locate a set of stock wheels/take offs, with all then"modding" here and 6 speed I'm sure you can find a set.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:23 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Agree 10k is too much chaff for a set of AM rims. Not sure how they got that exxy really. As Chris says best pick up a set of OEMS.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:05 AM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The OEM Turbo S wheels and Michelin Alpins with TPM mounted and balanced from dealer for around $7k are what I will do. HRE P101's are beautiful wheels, but I'll stick with OEM stuff, except for EP at some point.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:59 AM
enzom
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by AndrewP
The OEM Turbo S wheels and Michelin Alpins with TPM mounted and balanced from dealer for around $7k are what I will do. HRE P101's are beautiful wheels, but I'll stick with OEM stuff, except for EP at some point.
Likely what I will do. I know my dealer was having a sale on wheel and tire packages last November, but I was not aware of it until after I bought my BBS wheels. Suncoast has a set with winter tires for $7k. I'm sure Town can do better than that. Can easily sell my BBS wheels and Michelin tires for $4k, so it is not a terrible expense. I just really liked the look of the BBS wheels.

Quick Reply: Winter Wheels