Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Introducing the HRE Series P1 Program for the 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo

Old 03-30-2014, 02:43 PM
porsche518
Instructor

Received 76 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by speed21
Thanks for the pics. I quite like these wheels but the drop has the wheels sitting too high in the guards and that kind of conflicts with the flow of the car. I'm also not convinced the Tech art body kit has done anything positive to the existing design of the car either. I think with just the wheels it is a nice looking car without all the other stuff.
Disagree with almost everything you said. The stock turbo and turbo s is missing something visually. The front looks awkward, and rear spoiler is out of place small on the large rear end. I think the tech art kit looks good with tasteful changes, unlike a lot of previous tech art stuff.

I am still waiting to see what the factory aero kit is going to look like.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:31 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HRE Wheels
Sorry, but this is done on purpose. If you have a question, there is contact information listed for your convenience. We are not TireRack nor are we trying to be anything like TireRack.

If you have any questions about weights, specs, etc., feel free to ask them here.
How do the F and R offsets stack up against the stock tts rims? In the sense do your wheels allow a bit better positioning in the guards? I know my last set of champions shifted them out a few mm's which gave a slightly more aggressive look. It was a stock ride height btw, and I know that when a car is dropped the wheels sometimes need to come back out quite a way to look normal again.

Originally Posted by porsche518
Disagree with almost everything you said. The stock turbo and turbo s is missing something visually. The front looks awkward, and rear spoiler is out of place small on the large rear end. I think the tech art kit looks good with tasteful changes, unlike a lot of previous tech art stuff.

I am still waiting to see what the factory aero kit is going to look like.
That's fine, my opinion vs yours. OP was looking for thoughts and opinions I believe so I gave mine for good bad or otherwise. Anyway I've always been a big fan of the TA stuff, had a bit of it on my 997tt. I just find that here the TA sills look unnaturally quite bolt on. The fit up is not as good as I had hoped but that may also be down to the natural shape of the new cars lower sills and so on, making it hard to create a natural (less conspicuous AM) line/look….which this car deserves. In so far as the look of the new 991tt car, I would agree the front is a little soft with the spoiler retracted. The lighter colours tend to accentuate that as well vs the darker colours which (imo) work quite well with the front spoiler in or out.

The stock rear spoiler however is (imo) "hot" extended, much much better than my outgoing/gone 997tt's. In the flesh the whole 991tt car looks really good especially with the spoilers out. Pictures sometimes just don't do it justice.

The TA rear spoiler shown here is quite nice but I personally don't see it as being nice enough to motivate me fitting it onto my own 991ttS, plus I know it would be very expensive as the last one was and the improvement (if any) is not worth the change in $….well to me anyway.

I really don't like the headlight shrouds, and the lower bumper extension appears to be visually pointless as well. All just added weight and unnecessary visual complication to what is essentially by and large a great looking car. Sometimes less is more and this is one of those cases I'm afraid. The wheels look hot though. And yes Id be keen to see a factory airo kit too. That said I think with the retractable front spoiler unless Porsche get rid of that entirely and replace it with a fixed lower air dam the look will always have something soft about it. But then the ground clearance issues come back into play again..
Old 03-30-2014, 08:22 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Wheels look great, do you have a 19" 5 lug version for the 997.1tt?
Not feeling the body kit.
^^congrats on the 991tts, I'd leave it stone cold stock.
C
Old 03-30-2014, 10:58 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
C
Thanks Doc.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:42 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

You gotta throw up a few pics, you know the rules.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:51 AM
Leo997TT
Banned

Really nice!

Paul congratulations! What color did you get?
Old 03-31-2014, 04:48 AM
speed21
Banned

You gotta throw up a few pics, you know the rules.
Originally Posted by Leo997TT

Paul congratulations! What color did you get?
Agate, and thanks for the congrats Leo, Doc. Apologies to OP for any thread jack. Time and weather permitting will take and post on another thread ok.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:00 PM
HRE Wheels
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

C
These wheels are custom-made to virtually fit any vehicle, including the 997.1 TT.

Originally Posted by speed21
Agate, and thanks for the congrats Leo, Doc. Apologies to OP for any thread jack. Time and weather permitting will take and post on another thread ok.
No worries, feel free to post pictures in here too! We can render some HREs on it
Old 04-02-2014, 06:59 AM
speed21
Banned

ok here is one..

Last edited by speed21; 07-30-2014 at 11:16 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:21 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

wow, the best color so far on a 991.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:30 PM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Paul congrats bud, great color.

As far as the subject car. The wheels are fabulous. The kit is an improvement from 997 series. My only complaints is the side skirt. Techart side skirts have always looked bulky and out of place.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Introducing the HRE Series P1 Program for the 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo