Sponsored by: Road Spy

Clunking noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 01:01 AM
cartester
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Clunking noise

At 300 miles my new TTS Cab has started making clunking noises as the car slows to a stop. As it stops there is a rapid audible clunk-clunk-clunk, etc. coming from the front. The car is safe to drive according to the dealer who says it's brake rotors and has ordered new ones. They skirted the details about what is actually happening though. Does anyone have any ideas about what the actual fault could be?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:10 AM
Just J
Rennlist Member

Received 335 Likes on 154 Posts

Sounds like this.

I have it, too, also in the front (both sides, I think), and dropped my car off at the dealer today. They were able to replicate it (luckily, since it seems harder to reproduce when it gets really cold), but probably won't have the parts in until sometime on Tuesday.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:18 AM
farisad
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cartester
At 300 miles my new TTS Cab has started making clunking noises as the car slows to a stop. As it stops there is a rapid audible clunk-clunk-clunk, etc. coming from the front. The car is safe to drive according to the dealer who says it's brake rotors and has ordered new ones. They skirted the details about what is actually happening though. Does anyone have any ideas about what the actual fault could be?

Thanks in advance.
have the same problem but only front left side, part ordered since 5 weeks with no luck, promised to have it next week which they will only replace the rotor.
such a shame!
Old 03-01-2014, 02:50 AM
cartester
Instructor

Thank you for that info. I was told one week to get the rotors ordered.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:55 PM
zedosix
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Big question I have and maybe others like me waiting on their car, are they going to rectify this problem on the assembly line now or will we have the car delivered with defective brake parts??
Old 03-01-2014, 05:07 PM
cartester
Instructor

The Porsche document referenced by JustJ is dated 1-31-14. My car was manufactured before that. Hopefully cars made after that date will have the corrected rotors. However since this is apparently a manufacturing tolerance issue it may be an infrequent occurrence of tolerance build up to be discovered by the customer. Mine didn't become apparent until after 300 miles.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:09 PM
yeguy
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi.
I have the same noise

Quick Reply: Clunking noise