boxer-11
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Ruh roh -- BUSTED!
Old 03-04-2014, 08:47 PM
got2go
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 39 Posts

Had my C4S into the dealer today. PIWIS showed the PDCC failures and the code indicated an electrical fault in the control box that distributes hydraulic fluid to the suspension in response to handling dynamics. Part ordered from Germany, here next week. Service consultant said that another 2014 owner (turbo) had called with the same issue the day before. I don't know the code, but at least it showed up in the registry. Will report again after the part install.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:15 PM
Just J
Rennlist Member

Received 365 Likes on 168 Posts

My guy said today that the fault code indicated low air pressure. I thought that odd and asked "in the tires?" but he said no, in the PDCC system. I didn't think it was a pneumatic system, so I remain a little skeptical.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:25 PM
boxer-11
Rennlist Member

Thanks for posting updates on the diagnostics. I'm still working on getting the car and the dealer tech (...who's three hours drive away from me) together this week. Not sure if it's related but they asked me yesterday if I'd seen a reboot on PCM since I have had the car (to which the answer is a "no").
Old 03-11-2014, 02:14 PM
boxer-11
Rennlist Member

As I'm out of town right now I haven't managed to get my car and the dealer tech folks together yet. However, I did get a note this week that there's an update from Porsche that may be good news for anyone that has this PDCC failure:
Advance Technical Information - 991-1404-4303 - PDCC Fault 01005
Apparently that information relates to a software update that is supposed to fix issues with that particular fault.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:37 PM
Just J
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by boxer-11
As I'm out of town right now I haven't managed to get my car and the dealer tech folks together yet. However, I did get a note this week that there's an update from Porsche that may be good news for anyone that has this PDCC failure:

Apparently that information relates to a software update that is supposed to fix issues with that particular fault.
Since I am going in tomorrow to get new front rotors (Clicking Brake problem), I'll be sure to have them look into this. Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:55 PM
cartester
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Just J
Since I am going in tomorrow to get new front rotors (Clicking Brake problem), I'll be sure to have them look into this. Thanks for the heads-up.
I still haven't heard about my new rotors. How long did it take for your new rotors to show up after they were ordered?
Old 03-11-2014, 09:49 PM
Just J
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cartester
I still haven't heard about my new rotors. How long did it take for your new rotors to show up after they were ordered?
They ordered mine on 2/28. Frankly, I'm surprised they showed up so soon. He thought he'd get them immediately (which I knew wasn't true), then told me "end of the month [March]" a couple of days later. So I was surprised when they called on Monday to say they were in.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:36 PM
cartester
Instructor

[flabbergasted]They called you?[/flabbergasted]

My dealer doesn't have outgoing phone lines.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:44 AM
Just J
Rennlist Member

[flabbergasted]They called you?[/flabbergasted]

My dealer doesn't have outgoing phone lines.

Motor Werks of Barrington is pretty darn good - very communicative, responsive, and supportive.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:57 PM
cartester
Instructor

Just when I was getting impatient about all this the dealer did in fact call me to say the rotors had arrived. I took it in this morning and picked up the repaired car this afternoon. Clickety clack brake noise is gone. It looks like they did a good job. I just hope it stays fixed.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:10 AM
Just J
Rennlist Member

Just when I was getting impatient about all this the dealer did in fact call me to say the rotors had arrived. I took it in this morning and picked up the repaired car this afternoon. Clickety clack brake noise is gone. It looks like they did a good job. I just hope it stays fixed.
Same here. They also flashed the computer with the software update mentioned by boxer-11 above (they knew about it when I arrived, I didn't need to tell them about it), and I was unable to get the fault to re-occur. Will take a week or so to be sure, but it appears to have fixed that problem as well.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:55 PM
boxer-11
Rennlist Member

For logistical reasons, my car won't go in for attention now until 4/1.

In the meanwhile, I've now generated the failure turning left as well In fact it seems like I'm getting more or these the more miles I get on the car (I'm up to ~1250 now).

@Just J: it's been a week or so since you got the flash update patch -- any more occurrences for you??
Old 04-07-2014, 03:05 PM
boxer-11
Rennlist Member

Full circle on this story for me at least. The car came back and I've driven it through all the known places where I was getting the fault to trigger and now I can't get it to recur...I'm thinking it's all fixed

Simple software update apparently took care of the issue as predicted. My car did have the fault code that matches the Advance Technical Information bulletin mentioned above. I didn't get the full text from the service guys that did the work but apparently the PIWIS diags spit out a message about implausible data values from the PDCC sensors. From the ATI it seems it's the front axle affects and the system doesn't deliver enough pressure -- which I presume is where the hydraulic related comment came from above.

In case it's useful to anyone else who runs into this problem, I'll try and attach a copy of the ATI text that the service guys showed me. I imagine though that anything built now or hereafter will probably have this fix so instances are likely to be increasingly rare.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ar6mxq757r...-fault-ATI.jpg

Last edited by boxer-11; 04-07-2014 at 03:09 PM. Reason: apparently I don't speak IMG uploads very well so let me know if the link doesn't work for anyone but me...
Old 08-03-2014, 06:50 PM
gt3fantasy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Name:  pdcc failure.jpg
Views: 1121
Size:  202.9 KB
Here is the pics of the failure, basic same scenerio as all of you before update, after update, it hasn't came back no matter how hard I corner

Quick Reply: Intermittent [red] PDCC Failure messages