Sponsored by: Road Spy

Potential purchase

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 05:00 PM
last993
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Potential purchase

I am very close to pulling the trigger. What kind of discounts can I expect ? 0% ?...or perhaps 6% ? your inputs much appreciated
Old 02-21-2014, 07:31 PM
Snorman
Advanced

You'll have more luck if it's an in-stock unit.
I've seen $6000-6500 on in-stock base Turbos with MSRP's between ~$165-169k. I got $3k off an ordered car with an MSRP of ~$172k.
S.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:05 AM
JoeNo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck. Not much for me. I got 5 beans off a 164k car. Sucks, but it is what it is.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:53 AM
last993
Advanced

Thanks, guys. The car I am looking at has 171+ sticker.....

JoeNo - very sorry to hear about your vibration trouble, hope you get that taken care of very soon. After seeing your post, I am seriously having a 2nd thought about my potential purchase. Thanks for sharing it
Old 02-22-2014, 02:33 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Lease, only way to go on a car like dat!
Old 02-22-2014, 01:44 PM
zedosix
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

One has to wonder if Porsche has their eyes and ears open to web forums such as this. I would really hate to think that upon receiving my car in April that I would have some of the issues that I hear about you guys having. I for one did not lease I purchased the car and hope to goodness it's everything and more than I expect! I realize they can all have issues but some of these seem a little beyond that, especially hearing about the GT3, losing that warm and fuzzy feeling you know what I mean
Old 02-22-2014, 04:49 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Lease, only way to go on a car like dat!

Interesting comment TT Surgeon. I have my car arriving in mid May and I was going to buy it - but reading the mystery clunking, unexplainable ticking, minor vibrating, headlight popping stories on this forum....makes me a little nervous actually - so perhaps I would simply lease it...but I couldn't imagine seeing that amount drawn out of my account every month...but then again, may entice me to buy some snows and drive the blasted thing all year round if it won't be mine in three years. I seem have crossed the mental hurdle to $ 200g's C- now next deliberation being the water torcher test of 36 payments to consider.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:13 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Just write one BIG cheque and hope that....

"Quality will be remembered long after price has been forgotten"

Of course getting older helps on the memory front, while lease payments would only serve as a monthly reminder....

Old 02-23-2014, 03:12 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Overdraft
Interesting comment TT Surgeon. I have my car arriving in mid May and I was going to buy it - but reading the mystery clunking, unexplainable ticking, minor vibrating, headlight popping stories on this forum....makes me a little nervous actually - so perhaps I would simply lease it...but I couldn't imagine seeing that amount drawn out of my account every month...but then again, may entice me to buy some snows and drive the blasted thing all year round if it won't be mine in three years. I seem have crossed the mental hurdle to $ 200g's C- now next deliberation being the water torcher test of 36 payments to consider.
Not really, they depreciate like a ton of lead, lotsa first yr issues, if you really love it one could always but it off lease.
Just a thought.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:38 PM
JoeNo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by last993
Thanks, guys. The car I am looking at has 171+ sticker.....

JoeNo - very sorry to hear about your vibration trouble, hope you get that taken care of very soon. After seeing your post, I am seriously having a 2nd thought about my potential purchase. Thanks for sharing it
Drive it on a long test drive on some smooth roads. I've driven a TT and aTTS with no vibration at all.I think I have an isolated issue.Good luck my man.

Quick Reply: Potential purchase