Sponsored by: Road Spy

TURBO WITH SPORT BUCKETS SEATS?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 08:30 AM
Mcx
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default TURBO WITH SPORT BUCKETS SEATS?

Not sure which markets the sport bucket seats are available for the Turbo/S but am thinking of speccing them if I order a turbo in the UK. Just interested in whether people think it's the wrong kind of car for them, and would adversly affect resale, also if anyone in UK or Europe has ordered them? I know it's a sore point that they're not yet available in the US.. not trying to debate that!
Old 02-17-2014, 03:32 PM
jonnybravom3
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mcx
Not sure which markets the sport bucket seats are available for the Turbo/S but am thinking of speccing them if I order a turbo in the UK. Just interested in whether people think it's the wrong kind of car for them, and would adversly affect resale, also if anyone in UK or Europe has ordered them? I know it's a sore point that they're not yet available in the US.. not trying to debate that!
I was about to but decided against it for 2 reasons... (1) It's going to be more or less a DD; (2) Resale. Will be harder to sell as you will have a much narrower market.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:10 AM
YellowPMan
Instructor

Originally Posted by jonnybravom3
I was about to but decided against it for 2 reasons... (1) It's going to be more or less a DD; (2) Resale. Will be harder to sell as you will have a much narrower market.
+1

Resale here in the uk will mean taking a hit especially if you trade in at the dealers...but if you like them and find them comfortable go for it. Silverstone experience have a turbo with them...I found them a bit tight for my fat ar*e, but very supportive if you are going to track the car a lot .
Old 02-18-2014, 10:25 AM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Mcx
Depends on the age and agility of you and the folks who will be driving with you.
The newest standard Turbo Seat designs are far better than previous editions offering improved comfort and lateral support for shoulders and hips around the track, but the Sport Buckets are obviously better still on track, BUT, and it is a big BUTT, for those of us getting close to "Senior Citizen" status, they are a PITA, literally and figuratively getting into and out of the car and compromise the marvelous duality of purpose of the Turbo as a Track Car and GT. Whether the Sport Buckets would reduce or enhance resale value, IMHO would likely depend upon the youth and agility of the buyer.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:31 AM
ColdList
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I highly doubt that many Turbo drivers would like to have those. The idea of the Turbo is to be a high performance road car that can be used on the track. ie: a little luxury is what the target buyer wants. You may still do well on resale but you are really going to have to find the right buyer.

Now in a GT3 that's built with the converse idea in mind-track first, road secondary, then yes, I would get them.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:47 PM
Mcx
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by YellowPMan
+1 Resale here in the uk will mean taking a hit especially if you trade in at the dealers...but if you like them and find them comfortable go for it. Silverstone experience have a turbo with them...I found them a bit tight for my fat ar*e, but very supportive if you are going to track the car a lot .
Cheers, I am owed a free go at the Silverstone Experience centre, I'll book it up and give the seats a try.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:58 AM
YellowPMan
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mcx
Cheers, I am owed a free go at the Silverstone Experience centre, I'll book it up and give the seats a try.
Well worth doing....I was pleasantly surprised...won't say too much else...

Quick Reply: TURBO WITH SPORT BUCKETS SEATS?