Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

My turbo is in...one more day to pick up!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 04:43 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Congratulations!! That's a beauty
Old 12-18-2013, 05:11 PM
SCA11
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

That thing is badass! Please post driving impressions after you take it for a first spin if you get the chance, so I can live vicariously until mine gets here in about 3 weeks!
Old 12-18-2013, 08:53 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,585 Likes on 1,637 Posts

Originally Posted by ajag
Thanks! The deviating carpet in black should be enough to set it off.
Yes, great color combo.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:33 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, got home after a 2 1/2 hour slog in traffic, barely hit 5 psi lol. I'm very happy w/ how the build turned out, will post more pics later, as well as driving impressions after a day or two.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:26 PM
Love_Tacos_911
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats! I thought I posted yesterday, but obviously didn't. I have seen few Turbos in stock for around 160K, while most TTS seem to be at the 200K mark. The TT is looking better every minute. But now that I 'locked' myself into this site with my user name.....
Old 12-18-2013, 11:31 PM
dntlvet
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very exciting, very nice, great looking car/
Old 12-19-2013, 12:03 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 293 Likes on 161 Posts

Mine was 166. I even got the turbo S wheels. Most of the S cars I have seen around 200K.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:52 PM
Love_Tacos_911
Instructor

Originally Posted by carcommander
Mine was 166. I even got the turbo S wheels. Most of the S cars I have seen around 200K.
Nice, that is more in my territory. I want the center lock wheels as well. Pretty much your vehicle in white (I think). 166 makes more sense to me. The 200K makes me want to look at gently used exotics.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:58 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Ok, quick impressions after a day:

Exhaust note is nice for a turbo car, surprisingly so as was my 5.5TT CLS63, much better than the 997TT, but still not NA, as expected. I think I'm satisfied enough not to go aftermarket. PDCC, nice but not enough experience to comment on (didn't have it on my 991S). Power delivery is torquey and smooth, as expected, haven't driven in sport+ at all, and won't until after breakin. RWS, at low speeds the car rotates more so than turns, which is a little disconcerting at first but when you get used to it it's great for parking, etc. At high speeds the turnin is faster than the 991S, again I won't really full appreciate it until I hit the track.

Looks-wise, IMHO, there is no doubt the car is not as pretty as the 991S. It looks blockier/bulkier and more aggressive, largely due to the squared off wide hips.

LEDs are phenomenal, far better than the full LEDs on my S6.

I'm very happy w/ how I optioned it, personally I was actually not a fan of the two tone red/black option on the turbo S, I prefer more red w/ the deviating carpet to break it up. Steering column in leather is very nice.

So far, not missing the power of the S, that may change when I break it in and do a few full throttle runs as well as run the track, but right now I'm very happy I went w/ the base TT, left out the PCCBs and CLs which I didn't want, and saved $20k+.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:16 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 991Turbo_S
Nice, that is more in my territory. I want the center lock wheels as well. Pretty much your vehicle in white (I think). 166 makes more sense to me. The 200K makes me want to look at gently used exotics.
I own a gently used exotic (458) and it doesn't serve the same purpose a 911 will. I am very happy with my build. A really nice very useable car. I think the turbo S wheel are great looking.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:20 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ajag
Ok, quick impressions after a day:

Exhaust note is nice for a turbo car, surprisingly so as was my 5.5TT CLS63, much better than the 997TT, but still not NA, as expected. I think I'm satisfied enough not to go aftermarket. PDCC, nice but not enough experience to comment on (didn't have it on my 991S). Power delivery is torquey and smooth, as expected, haven't driven in sport+ at all, and won't until after breakin. RWS, at low speeds the car rotates more so than turns, which is a little disconcerting at first but when you get used to it it's great for parking, etc. At high speeds the turnin is faster than the 991S, again I won't really full appreciate it until I hit the track.

Looks-wise, IMHO, there is no doubt the car is not as pretty as the 991S. It looks blockier/bulkier and more aggressive, largely due to the squared off wide hips.

LEDs are phenomenal, far better than the full LEDs on my S6.

I'm very happy w/ how I optioned it, personally I was actually not a fan of the two tone red/black option on the turbo S, I prefer more red w/ the deviating carpet to break it up. Steering column in leather is very nice.

So far, not missing the power of the S, that may change when I break it in and do a few full throttle runs as well as run the track, but right now I'm very happy I went w/ the base TT, left out the PCCBs and CLs which I didn't want, and saved $20k+.
+1 except that I like the look better than my 991S.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:41 AM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by carcommander
+1 except that I like the look better than my 991S.
I should clarify, IMHO it's not as pretty and flowing/cohesive in appearance as the 991S, it looks more like a pitbull w/ the muscular haunches, a little mean. It still looks very good, and probably better w/a less "busy" wheel design like the OEM CLs, but I'm going to get some HRE P series for the summer, so hopefully that'll improve that. As far as strictly looks for the 991 series, I'd probably go GT3 > 4S > S > TT, but that's just one man's opinion.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:48 AM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Oh, and a couple options I switched around after the 991S when I ordered the TT:

Seats: I went w/ the 18way for the TT, am very happy I did so c/w the 14 way for the S, much more supportive and still comfortable for longer drives.

Steering: SD for the TT, very happy I did as well, though the main reason was I didn't like how the button shifters were so close to my hand position at 9 and 3 when on the track, the SD paddles are out of the way, and I don't inadvertently hit any other MF functions either.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:09 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

I ordered the center locks because I really liked the look and it is always easier to go with factory wheels if you can. They are also 1/2" wider if that matters. I think they make the car, but thats just me. I did not like the standard turbo wheels. I had 14 way seats in my S. I like the 18 way seats but to me they are not any more or less comfortable.

As far as getting it in white, black cars are always faster. LOL.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:28 PM
Love_Tacos_911
Instructor

My local dealer just got a 991 TT white with black, sunroof center locks etc (pretty much what I would have ordered) that isn't accounted for. Going to look at it tomorrow (weather pending).

Quick Reply: My turbo is in...one more day to pick up!