Notices
991 Turbo Turbo and Turbo S

2 991 Turbo S Launch Cars Available

 
Old 10-22-2013, 04:38 PM
  #46  
Sonnen Porsche
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,225
Default

Black/Black-Red car is sold. I have the Black/Black car left guys that is arriving next week.
Sonnen Porsche is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 03:38 PM
  #47  
991Turbo_S
User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Retiredville USA
Posts: 78
Default

Originally Posted by Overdraft View Post
I am thinking all the guys who have "deposits" with think long and hard when they get a call with their rep saying, time to pony up - " oh and your lease payment is $ 3000,00/ month! hence converting to a legitimate order. We all feel the iterations of the 911 TT were/ are amazing - everyday supercar - and have been historically tremendous value for dollar...now the value IS getting into supercar territory. In Canada here $ 225,000 nicely equipped before 13% tax....ouch! Think a moment about the market for a $ 140,000.00 'used 911 TT ' in three or four years....not appealing. I want one but this $ 200K ceiling has stalled me...and I love my 993tt....but I really like the 991tt....but $ 255K ..... More therapy required....
Well said and my thoughts as well. Yor comment compelled me to finally join the forum

I was offered a few Turbo/Turbo S cars that are incoming but the vehicles were missing some options I wanted, or had options I could care less about. When I looked into the pricing more, it's getting close to a new 458 base price I was quoted. I think I would gladly take the 7 years of maintenance for the 458 but am still deciding. I may wait to see if people are having issues with their first year 991 Turbos before making a decision.
991Turbo_S is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 09:27 AM
  #48  
carcommander
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
carcommander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,862
Default

I own a 458. Much different car than the 991. A 458 coupe with a few options is about 275K or so. My 991 turbo is about 165. 110K is a bunch of difference. 7 years of maintaince equals about 7K. Unless you have a relationship with the Ferrari dealer (owned many Ferraris) you are probably out a year.
carcommander is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 07:14 PM
  #49  
991TurboS
User
 
991TurboS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 491
Default

Originally Posted by carcommander View Post
I own a 458. Much different car than the 991. A 458 coupe with a few options is about 275K or so. My 991 turbo is about 165. 110K is a bunch of difference. 7 years of maintaince equals about 7K. Unless you have a relationship with the Ferrari dealer (owned many Ferraris) you are probably out a year.
+1. Ferrari ownership from new is a whole 'nother neighborhood.
991TurboS is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 10:43 PM
  #50  
Sonnen Porsche
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,225
Default

Yes $191,000 is not the same region as $275,000 + options....plus tax in this state makes it an even bigger delta.... $24,062 in sales tax for the Ferrari makes it 3 bills out the door... $16,712 for our 991 Turbo S makes it just over $200K.....
Sonnen Porsche is offline  
Old 10-25-2013, 12:37 AM
  #51  
991Turbo_S
User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Retiredville USA
Posts: 78
Default

Originally Posted by carcommander View Post
I own a 458. Much different car than the 991. A 458 coupe with a few options is about 275K or so. My 991 turbo is about 165. 110K is a bunch of difference. 7 years of maintaince equals about 7K. Unless you have a relationship with the Ferrari dealer (owned many Ferraris) you are probably out a year.
I've seen your posts, gorgeous car. I was quoted 237k (before taxes) for what I wanted and 7 months waiting time (Spring delivery).

Originally Posted by Sonnen Porsche View Post
Yes $191,000 is not the same region as $275,000 + options....plus tax in this state makes it an even bigger delta.... $24,062 in sales tax for the Ferrari makes it 3 bills out the door... $16,712 for our 991 Turbo S makes it just over $200K.....
You're going off of used 458 prices with the standard no-wait markup; not an ordered vehicle.

I'm undecided still but I know I never dreamt of spending 200k on a 911. At what price point do you start looking at a true exotic? I don't know yet. I thought I was going to go with a Gallardo but the interiors wear horribly fast. I'm pretty much narrowed it down to the 458 or the TTS.

Decisions decisions.
991Turbo_S is offline  
Old 10-25-2013, 02:53 AM
  #52  
991TurboS
User
 
991TurboS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 491
Default

Originally Posted by 991Turbo_S View Post
I'm undecided still but I know I never dreamt of spending 200k on a 911. At what price point do you start looking at a true exotic? I don't know yet. I thought I was going to go with a Gallardo but the interiors wear horribly fast. I'm pretty much narrowed it down to the 458 or the TTS.

Decisions decisions.
I feel I'm talking to myself, we have almost the same screen names, hehehe!

One thing that definitely swung it to the TTS for me was the attention getting factor of the TTS vs others. I like the fact that the TTS has exotic levels of performance, but is not as "look at me" attention getting as other Marques. I hope to occasionally incorporate my TTS in some regular daily living activities, and I don't think I could do that with a Ferrari. I would be way too nervous about parking it anywhere.

I may not be using the term "exotic" correctly here, but the TTS is a bit more subtle than other exotics, and that is a plus for me.
991TurboS is offline  
Old 10-25-2013, 09:08 AM
  #53  
Overdraft
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Overdraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,281
Default

Originally Posted by 991TurboS View Post
I feel I'm talking to myself, we have almost the same screen names, hehehe!

One thing that definitely swung it to the TTS for me was the attention getting factor of the TTS vs others. I like the fact that the TTS has exotic levels of performance, but is not as "look at me" attention getting as other Marques. I hope to occasionally incorporate my TTS in some regular daily living activities, and I don't think I could do that with a Ferrari. I would be way too nervous about parking it anywhere.

I may not be using the term "exotic" correctly here, but the TTS is a bit more subtle than other exotics, and that is a plus for me.
+1
Overdraft is offline  
Old 10-25-2013, 11:06 AM
  #54  
carcommander
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
carcommander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,862
Default

The 458 draws more attention but not too bad in black. My red F430 drew much more. I am planning on using the turbo like I use my 991CS as a DD. If the car is going to be an occasional use car go for the 458. You are not going to pay much premium if any for a used car now but average options on a 458 is about 40K.

If you want an exotic toy an F430 is a great car. I owned mine for 4 years and still miss it. They can be had for 150K or so for a great color high option low mile no stories car.
carcommander is offline  
Old 10-25-2013, 11:51 AM
  #55  
991Turbo_S
User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Retiredville USA
Posts: 78
Default

Originally Posted by carcommander View Post
The 458 draws more attention but not too bad in black. My red F430 drew much more. I am planning on using the turbo like I use my 991CS as a DD. If the car is going to be an occasional use car go for the 458. You are not going to pay much premium if any for a used car now but average options on a 458 is about 40K.

If you want an exotic toy an F430 is a great car. I owned mine for 4 years and still miss it. They can be had for 150K or so for a great color high option low mile no stories car.
I've looked at the f430's quite a bit as well. A Scuderia is another possibility.
991Turbo_S is offline  
Old 10-25-2013, 01:39 PM
  #56  
Sonnen Porsche
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,225
Default

We still have the Black/Black car available guys!
Sonnen Porsche is offline  
Old 10-25-2013, 02:55 PM
  #57  
Sonnen Porsche
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,225
Default

We just got a January build-able slot for a 991 Turbo S that will lock in a week if anyone wants to order a car guys! Will honor the Rennlist discount on the custom build as well which will be for delivery in March.
Sonnen Porsche is offline  
Old 10-25-2013, 07:31 PM
  #58  
991Turbo_S
User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Retiredville USA
Posts: 78
Default

Originally Posted by 991TurboS View Post
I feel I'm talking to myself, we have almost the same screen names, hehehe! One thing that definitely swung it to the TTS for me was the attention getting factor of the TTS vs others. I like the fact that the TTS has exotic levels of performance, but is not as "look at me" attention getting as other Marques. I hope to occasionally incorporate my TTS in some regular daily living activities, and I don't think I could do that with a Ferrari. I would be way too nervous about parking it anywhere. I may not be using the term "exotic" correctly here, but the TTS is a bit more subtle than other exotics, and that is a plus for me.
I saw your screen name earlier and laughed a bit myself. Great minds....

I would probably not daily drive the TTS but it's nice knowing they are reliable enough to do so. A huge bonus for sure. I will be happy no matter my decision. I wish I had enough saved for both, but it's not happening.
991Turbo_S is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 06:14 AM
  #59  
jasonrhcastle
User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 29
Default

Any updates? Either car arrived yet?

Curious to see some real life US pics, and what tires come with.

J
jasonrhcastle is offline  
Old 10-30-2013, 01:54 PM
  #60  
Sonnen Porsche
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,225
Default

Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle View Post
Any updates? Either car arrived yet?

Curious to see some real life US pics, and what tires come with.

J
The Black/Black car is at the port and is PDIed already so I expect to see it early next week! I will try to post up pics but I am hoping to have the car sold and loaded on a truck the moment it arrives....
Sonnen Porsche is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2 991 Turbo S Launch Cars Available


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: