Sponsored by: Road Spy

To PDCC or not PDCC.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 01:03 AM
toplabels
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default To PDCC or not PDCC.

I am rethinking the whole PDCC thing. If my car will probably see one morning of track time in its life time which probably be lets say some twenty laps total spending 3 thousand and some might not be such a great idea.

What do you guys think....will we miss PDCC on some weekend trip to the mountains???

Will I regret spending the casharoolo down the line....

This are the questions
Old 08-07-2013, 10:00 AM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

As I haven't driven PDCC myself I can't give you an educated opinion, but isn't the ride comfort better even during daily driving, or has that been exaggerated? Honestly I think you're more likely to regret not getting it down the line than spending the money. You're spending more than 3k for the deviated stitching.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:33 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 48 Posts

The normal roll bars are fixed and limits chassis movement all the time whether needed or not,
which gives you a "firm" ride always. With PDCC, the roll bars are relaxed when not needed but respond
in Milliseconds tightening as needed to "lockdown" and limit chassis lean selectively around curves. Therefore you get a more supple ride during normal driving which you and your passenger will likely find more comfortable. IMHO a more comfortable and softer normal ride, warrants getting PDCC even if I
never took the car on the track.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:14 PM
toplabels
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree Fastlaneturbo, i called my rep this morning and told her to add PDCC to my build. I do have PDCC in my 991S and the few laps I did on track it was just extraordinary.

I read somewhere here that there was a complaint about loosing this or the other with PDCC. Listen if making my car handle better qualifies as loosing I dont know what feeling then I am guilty. come on the idea is to go fast on track. The people that complain about the new Porsche 911s being less involving should just buy a 80s car which will more than satisfy that lost feeling.

In the meantime technology will prevail because the idea is to make them handle better hence going quicker. If all the purist had their way the 991s would be competing against VW golfs for first place, but since Porsche has to contend with the big boys P cars need to progress at least at the same pace as the major manufacturers.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:49 PM
red route 1
Instructor

Received 65 Likes on 17 Posts

I have had a 991 with PDCC and one without, and for what it's worth, I'd never have another without it. I suppose the GT3 doesn't need it but in the other models, the improved feel especially when cornering is clear. Add sport PASM and you'd almost think you had 997 steering and road feel back again.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:54 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by red route 1
I have had a 991 with PDCC and one without, and for what it's worth, I'd never have another without it. I suppose the GT3 doesn't need it but in the other models, the improved feel especially when cornering is clear. Add sport PASM and you'd almost think you had 997 steering and road feel back again.
All of this^^^^^ I have hit 1.12G on the internal G meter without PDCC and 1.42G with it....

Quick Reply: To PDCC or not PDCC.