Sponsored by: Road Spy

Build Comments/Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 06:50 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Build Comments/Suggestions

Putting down deposit on the TT, scheduled delivery 12/27.

This is my draft on the build, comments and suggestions please. Checking into deviating black carpet as well.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PEZ24T45
Old 08-01-2013, 10:18 AM
Rennteam
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ajag
Putting down deposit on the TT, scheduled delivery 12/27.

This is my draft on the build, comments and suggestions please. Checking into deviating black carpet as well.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PEZ24T45
My question would be: Why not the Turbo S? Those who usually order the Turbo leave away the LED lights, PDCC and the Sport Chrono package, so the price difference to the Turbo S kind of makes sense.

In your case however, not sure about it.

Don't forget that the Turbo S not only gives you 40 hp more but also a louder exhaust note in the upper rev range (sound symposer programmed differently), a higher rev limit (7200 rpm instead of 7000 rpm, which is noticeable during upshifts because rpm falls back just right for a perfect continued acceleration ), all those Turbo S logos (PCM, speedo, pneumatic front lip, etc.) and of course a higher torque figure which is noticeable even at lower speeds.
Just saying...
If you plan to tune your car using chip tuning, be aware that PTM is completely new, same goes to the rear axle steering. All systems are now connected, incl. PDK, the steering and everything else related to the engine, so messing around with this stuff may not only be ineffective but also dangerous at some point. Porsche made sure that upgrading the Turbo to Turbo S power by using OEM software won't be easy. Not only the ECU would need an upgrade...
Of course everything is possible (doable) but why risk it?! Also if you don't track race your car very often, the PCCB brake system is a blast to drive.

Otherwise, your option list is quite nice but paying over 3k for GT silver when you can get the new Rhodium Silver for free? Not so sure.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:14 AM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Thanks for input! As I am going to track the car at least 6-8x a year, I don't want the center lock wheels or the PCCBs, so from that respect the S options are a negative for me and I'd be paying more for things I don't want. That's also the reason I'm optioning PDCC for the TT, for better even tire wear from track use. Exhaust is def a negative, and it likely will be the only aftermarket mod I do, definitely won't be messing w/ the ECU or anything else w/ the exception of maybe alignment though I'm not sure if I'll mess w/ that given the PDCC and RWS.

As far as rhodium, it looks good but I'm not a fan of the bluish tinge, I like the GT silver's darker deeper look and how it blends w/ the red interior. I was also considering agate, but it's a bit too brownish for me, and my wife won't let me get white lol.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:06 PM
TestnDoc
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome build!
Old 08-02-2013, 06:49 AM
Sulaiman
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would go for rhodium and Turbo S wheels ... same price range

but i really hate the Turbo Wheels
Old 08-02-2013, 08:49 AM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sulaiman
i would go for rhodium and Turbo S wheels ... same price range

but i really hate the Turbo Wheels
Not sure about the rhodium w/ the blue tones going w/ the red interior, whereas I know gt silver goes with it. I don't like the turbo wheel style either, but I don't want the turbo S center locks. I'll probably get some aftermarket HREs anyway.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Sulaiman
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good luck .. hope you enjoy it
Old 08-02-2013, 04:23 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

Great looking build! I would add the steering column casing in leather as well as the center console in leather. The glare is bad from the chrome in bright sunshine and the steering column looks cheap in plastic.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:31 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sonnen Porsche
Great looking build! I would add the steering column casing in leather as well as the center console in leather. The glare is bad from the chrome in bright sunshine and the steering column looks cheap in plastic.
Point taken, added. Do you have any side by side picks of the two silvers?
Old 08-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

Sorry I have not seen a Rhodium Silver car as yet at the dealership and we are waiting on the paint chip sample to arrive.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:45 AM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

aJag, You can see a photo of a Cayman in Rhodium Silver next to a boxster in GT Silver in the new GT3 Section.I have a Panamera S in GT Silver and after seeing a Cayman in Rhodium, I prefer that to my GT Silver.The Blue Tint is really not evident to me and the color changes shade slightly in sunlight.Gorgeous!
I feel your pain in not being able to buy the Turbo S due to CL wheels and Ceramic brakes. I love Turbos but also spend time on the track and paying 10 times the price for rotors and pads vs Steel Rotors becomes prohibitive for tracking. On my 996TT, New Steel rotors, pads and a fluid change cost under $2,500.I priced the same parts with Ceramics at my Porsche dealer and it was $25,000!
Porsche badly needs a "Track Pack" Turbo ala the Nissan GT-R. Stiffer suspension, Turbo S HP with Steel rotors and 5 lug wheels. Beats me why they don't see this. So I've ordered a GT3 in Rhodium Silver.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:59 AM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

ajag, This is the link: https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...um-silver.html

Best of luck with your new Turbo.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:20 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FastLaneTurbo
ajag, This is the link: https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...um-silver.html

Best of luck with your new Turbo.
Thanks man, I'm very torn on the color combo. Part of me wants to do rhodium without the red interior, maybe black. I love the classic look of the gt silver/red combo but maybe it's too old fashioned for the new TT? Argh! Btw, grats on the GT3, if I could get an allocation I would have taken one of those instead of the TT. But I've justified in my mind that at least w/ a TT I can drive it in winter IF I want to lol.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:49 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ajag
Thanks man, I'm very torn on the color combo. Part of me wants to do rhodium without the red interior, maybe black. I love the classic look of the gt silver/red combo but maybe it's too old fashioned for the new TT? Argh! Btw, grats on the GT3, if I could get an allocation I would have taken one of those instead of the TT. But I've justified in my mind that at least w/ a TT I can drive it in winter IF I want to lol.
This New Porsche Promotional Video shows the Turbo with a Red and Black Interior. Looks great to me. The new Aerodynamics for low Cd, Downforce, Brake and Engine cooling is VERY impressive and a big step forward from the 997. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L93Kw...iiUCDI:bigbye:
Old 08-06-2013, 12:13 AM
toplabels
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered mine today. Red w/black interior, red stitching and carbon fiber trim. I was saying in my GT3 defector thread that also ordered PDCC with sport chromo. Hope it has the same effect as in my 991S which handles incredibly.

Quick Reply: Build Comments/Suggestions