Sponsored by: Road Spy

Salespersons impression of new Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 08:55 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Riz
Trust me - the sales guy has driven it. Maybe not all the sales guys drove it. He is not trying to sell me the car or any other car. He really has nothing to gain with me by telling me he drove it if he really didn't. He loved the looks, but it was a little bland. I will see him again today and make his swear by putting his hand on the Bible ( he is a Christian, and quite a religious guy FWIW). I probably have more to gain by telling such a tale, than he does. I am not surprised by his impressions, I don't think any of us should be.
With all due respect, that's not even remotely believable. Why would a salesman be able to drive one and dealer principles haven't. When someone says trust me, that rings alarm bells straight away. And putting hands on bibles doesn't do it for me either. That's just typical talk from a shonk and i would agree with the other poster best to find yourself another dealer. Mind you, a good salesperson would never tell a customer anything they don't want to hear, meaning whatever discussions you have had or signals you have given off he has read you and only tried to indulge you by keeping you feeling good about whatever you have or plan on holding. He would already know what you are and aren't in the market for just from talking to you. And his impressions are laughable to say the least. Ridiculous.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:19 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

"A little Bland" may describe any street Turbo from the 1978 930 on when the car is driven at slow speeds
off boost in slow moving traffic. It is the nature of any production street Turbo, which makes it a superb daily driver for you, your wife or your grandmother to fetch groceries in without killing themselves. It is only ON BOOST and through the rocket-propelled incredible acceleration that the beast emerges as the speedometer takes you into "lose-your-license" territory in a heartbeat if you are anywhere not on a race track. This "dual personality" is what has kept me driving street and racing Turbos since buying my first 930 in 1979. Since that time, the Turbos have become ever more docile, comfortable and suitable
as a daily driver and yet more incredibly ferocious and controllable when driven on the track. Both on the track and on the street, their remains a deep satisfaction as a driver to know, on a straight road you
have the power to make any traffic around you rapidly diminishing objects in your mirror. I have no doubt that on equal tire compounds, the new Turbo models will hold their own against the newest, most powerful and incredibly fast new models emerging from the Porsche factory. If anyone prefers a car which is more challenging, involving, and "on" all the time, at any speed, perhaps the GT3 would be a better choice.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:30 AM
purim
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love this description. But it suits my 9914S perfectly. Its a Jekyll & Hyde. but its also a testament to the generational consistency of these cars. Boy owning these is great.

Quick Reply: Salespersons impression of new Turbo