Sponsored by: Road Spy

How much HP can one expect from a tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2024, 03:21 AM
eidde
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
Wasn't it the EPA that changed their policy and started enforcing this?

I recall those diesel guys, and SCT if memory serves, that got absolutely screwed, and many threats of lawsuits...

I personally have not had any problems with with the 996 or Sti Cobb units, mind you, I'm in Canada and we don't really have this issue with the EPA.

This is from the same person who personally edited my post and locked the last thread. I hope this time you'll specify which rule I broke, because stating that you had a negative experience with a vendor shouldn't be a reason to edit or lock a post, especially when it may be financially beneficial for you to do so.
Old 06-30-2024, 03:30 AM
eidde
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Before I take a break from this discussion, I want to leave you with a few thoughts. Don’t get lost in the dark just because you’ve invested a lot of money into your car and fear devaluing it. Remember, being a good human means helping each other and supporting the newcomers to our community. There’s nothing wrong with considering another point of view.

You might be surprised by what you don't know because you’ve been living in a bubble. A fresh perspective can bring invaluable insights. As one of our long-time members once said, "The strength of this forum lies in the diversity of its members and the shared passion for cars. When we listen to each other, we all learn and grow."

So, instead of sticking to the same PR rhetoric, let’s embrace the variety of opinions and experiences that each member brings. It’s this openness that will keep our community vibrant and thriving.

Good luck all, could be worse you could own a BMW
Old 06-30-2024, 06:15 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 870 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by eidde
Before I take a break from this discussion, I want to leave you with a few thoughts. Don’t get lost in the dark just because you’ve invested a lot of money into your car and fear devaluing it. Remember, being a good human means helping each other and supporting the newcomers to our community. There’s nothing wrong with considering another point of view.
so you’re not a newcomer - but have posted 96 times. Of which probably 15 times in this thread mostly what appears to be conspiracy like attempts to bad mouth a vendor and a tuner. Very little of your posts appear to be about supporting “our community” or “newcomers” as you put it - or actually being an enthusiast.

Listen i could write a post about any vendor - Rolex, Porsche, Cobb, Ferrari - and discuss the one time, vaguely in the ether through a friend, I heard there was an issue. Or my Rolex submariner broke after i took it to 200 meters - so all 200,000 of them are trash. Maybe I didn’t seal it properly (the use case - but it’s just easier to blame someone else). I found your post to not be constructive. Sorry. It came across as someone with an axe to grind or an ulterior motive or someone that wants to sully those that do actually contribute (hundreds if not thousands of posts) and who's products we use without or with few issues. Now is any product (Cobb or tune) 100% perfect. No - that’s impossible. That’s a risk i am willing to take. I modified my car well before the warranty (and CPO) ran out and was willing to take some risk. Hell even stock Porsche’s have had catastrophic failures see IMG, 991.1 GT3 and so forth. But the failure rates have been low relative to the performance and volume of non failures. If you have had an issue and can post the actual facts or concerns you specifically had in a constructive manner - that would be helpful.

so maybe taking a break from this discussion - after you trash everyone on the way out (if that makes you feel better)- is maybe a good idea. And when you demonstrate a track record of knowledge and constructive posts with actual facts vs “watch out” like posts or “google this” - perhaps you will be better received in the future as supporting “our community” or the “newcomers”.

Old 06-30-2024, 09:38 AM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Received 875 Likes on 576 Posts

Unsubscribed from this steamy pile of time wasting chit. Sad that it leaks into the Porsche world
Old 06-30-2024, 12:42 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,000 Likes on 602 Posts

I knew he would have zero ties to me and he’s just trying to bash Cobb. Even chiming in on years old clean/simple posts to do it. Not ok and not helping the community, quite the opposite in fact. Since I spoke up he added me into it. The only trash here is misinformation and lying. The catastrophic engine failure part is rich.

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com
Old 07-02-2024, 11:29 PM
bigrpowr
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
I knew he would have zero ties to me and he’s just trying to bash Cobb. Even chiming in on years old clean/simple posts to do it. Not ok and not helping the community, quite the opposite in fact. Since I spoke up he added me into it. The only trash here is misinformation and lying. The catastrophic engine failure part is rich.
well at least this idiot gave me a few minutes of entertainment!
Old 07-02-2024, 11:38 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,190 Likes on 3,169 Posts

I had popcorn.
Old 07-03-2024, 12:15 AM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,000 Likes on 602 Posts

I’m surprised the dude didn’t break in and say hold my beer more Idiocracy coming!

Quick Reply: How much HP can one expect from a tune