Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

So many 991 Turbo and Turbo S cars with multiple owners?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2024, 09:00 PM
TTG
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 84 Posts

Like mentioned above it varies also state to state. Some dealers are registered as an"owner" in various states while holding out the car in inventory.

When I purchased my TTS it was 3 years old, had only 1400 miles and had "4" previous owners where in reality, I am the second owner. First owner consigned the car from the dealer where he bought it from while his new car was on order.

If the condition of the car checks out, number of owners usually won't bother me.

The following users liked this post:
Maj993 (05-02-2024)
Old 04-28-2024, 01:07 AM
slingshot60
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Would like to stay close to $140K or less, depending on car...
Old 04-28-2024, 09:49 AM
1Defense
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Keep in mind too that registration of the vehicle in another state may show up as another owner although there was no actual ownership transfer ie the owner simply moved to another state and registered the vehicle there. Carfax and other companies alike should correct this practice because it adversely impacts resale valuations. I had this experience with a car purchase from a local private seller who had moved here from another state. He was adamant that he purchased the car new and provided proof. I personally seek one-owner vehicles but the 991.1s are older cars now so it's harder to locate one owner types. GLWS
Old 04-28-2024, 11:03 AM
xhrix
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I think the problem of low mile one multiple owner cars is simple. People buy them and dont drive them. Why because people love the act of buying and owning and then move on to another buying process. I have a 85k mile 991.1 that I bought at 70k two years ago.

i think as long a you pay what it is worth there are many avenues to have a reliable car. If you think that doing the scheduled maintenance will get you a good car you are wrong.

10k mile oil changes? Pdk clutch oil changes 100k miles, diff oil changes never.

i would find the one you want the most in color options and the. Get it checked over.

by the way mine had about 4 owners before me. 2 with a heavy right foot. It has 85 launches on the dme.

car was tuned, and it was not a great tune.

it is now a stage 4 and running very strong. Worked with Sam.

I love using them and will most likely just keep it for as long as I can.

E Allen (04-29-2024)
Old 04-28-2024, 07:52 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,352 Likes on 762 Posts

Have had my TTS for going on 8 or 9 years. I am the 2nd owner, first owner put 8k miles and then traded for a Panamera. I have 59k and a Cobb custom tune, Europipe exhaust and DSC V3 Sport controller.

Car has been rock solid and since I moved to SW Florida 5 years ago I drive it daily. I feel there are many buyers of these cars that believe they are getting an expensive GT cruiser without realizing they will be sitting low, even though it’s a good ride it’s not a Bentley and I’ve seen some having to do a Houdini to exit the cars. Some obviously are enthusiasts who have the $$$’s to keep trading for the newest model but not always the case.
Old 04-28-2024, 08:33 PM
MovingChicane
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Another permutation I have experienced first-hand: transfer into/out of a Trust. Added another ownership record (on Carfax) without the car ever moving.

Originally Posted by 1Defense
Keep in mind too that registration of the vehicle in another state may show up as another owner although there was no actual ownership transfer ie the owner simply moved to another state and registered the vehicle there. Carfax and other companies alike should correct this practice because it adversely impacts resale valuations. I had this experience with a car purchase from a local private seller who had moved here from another state. He was adamant that he purchased the car new and provided proof. I personally seek one-owner vehicles but the 991.1s are older cars now so it's harder to locate one owner types. GLWS
Old 04-29-2024, 10:43 AM
.2PDK
Race Car

Received 1,294 Likes on 778 Posts

Originally Posted by slingshot60
Most kept the cars for only a few months. What gives?
The car is simply too fast for most.

Are those OEM side markers on your current ride?

Old 04-29-2024, 11:55 AM
slingshot60
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by .2PDK
The car is simply too fast for most.

Are those OEM side markers on your current ride?
They are in the picture. It has European Porsche clear markers now...
Old 04-29-2024, 01:07 PM
Foosh
Burning Brakes

Received 449 Likes on 310 Posts

The bottom line is we have many examples of rock-solid cars with 1-2 owners, and we have many examples of rock-solid cars with 3 or more owners (according to CarFax records) like mine. If there are records showing a car has been maintained to Porsche specs, and it's in meticulous physical condition when you're considering a purchase, it's more than likely to be a very good car regardless of number of owners.

If it's a CPO from a Porsche dealer, that's icing on the cake.

Last edited by Foosh; 04-29-2024 at 01:11 PM.
Old 05-02-2024, 08:34 AM
2swoosh
Rennlist Member

Received 323 Likes on 256 Posts
Default tts

Multiple ownership won't bother me at all if i decided to get a 991/992 TTS as long as the Carfax is clean and verifiable service records/PPI. Lurkin for one right now and being patient as i'm getting tired of rowing.

Last edited by 2swoosh; 05-02-2024 at 08:35 AM. Reason: typos
Old 05-02-2024, 11:09 AM
Kyrosnick
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 81 Posts

I am the 2nd owner of mine. Bought it was 28k miles just under 2 years ago. Just hit 46k miles. PPI found a split CV boot and sunroof cover was damaged, so a few hundred on a new CV boot and replaced the sunroof cover myself for 350, and zero issues. Did the 30k miles service myself easy enough when doing all the bolt on upgrades. Daily drive it and beat on it. As long as the car checks out, I wouldn't be concerned with number of owners.
Old 05-02-2024, 11:53 AM
Maj993
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same concerns when I picked up my 2018 991.2 TS last fall. On paper, I'm showing the 5th owner; the first owner put 36k miles, and I bought it at 43k. CarFax shows two owners as the same but with different miles, under 1k. I purchased the car CPO at SunCoast Porsche sight not seen. Between the dealership, shipping company, and the car condition, I was very impressed. The vehicle does not show its age and multiple drivers. The first owner kept outstanding service records. I got a decent deal on the car, and I believe it was due to people passing on the car when they saw the number of owners on the carfax.
Foosh (05-02-2024)
Old 05-02-2024, 12:11 PM
Foosh
Burning Brakes

Received 449 Likes on 310 Posts

My CPO TTS purchase experience from a Porsche dealer and with CarFax (CF) was almost identical to yours. CF contained numerous inaccuracies, including ownership, and it was missing a lot of information on the car's service history. I took the time with my Porsche dealer of doing a deep dive into the records, and found that every single major service had been performed per Porsche recommendations. Big services like spark plugs, drive belt replacement, etc. were totally missing in CF, but my dealer found all of those records in the Porsche system and printed them out for me.

I was able to purchase my car at a deep discount because a lot of folks no doubt passed on it after scanning CF records. Thanks CF for having so many gaps and inaccuracies. It can be great for smart buyers willing to do extra research, but unfortunately not so good for sellers.

Last edited by Foosh; 05-02-2024 at 12:14 PM.

Quick Reply: So many 991 Turbo and Turbo S cars with multiple owners?