Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

New battery

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2023, 12:51 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,352 Likes on 762 Posts

AG is in. Connected my battery charger clamps to the car battery clamps, did the install, started up right away. One start/stop message after starting. Turned off and back on message gone. Hardest part was strong arming the old battery out.
All good happy to be part of the AG family.

Last edited by Penn4S; 05-13-2023 at 12:52 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Need4S (05-13-2023)
Old 05-13-2023, 01:52 PM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Penn4S
AG is in. Connected my battery charger clamps to the car battery clamps, did the install, started up right away. One start/stop message after starting. Turned off and back on message gone. Hardest part was strong arming the old battery out.
All good happy to be part of the AG family.
To get the old battery out, I didn’t want to stand in the trunk so I just got a stout broom handle and threaded it between the two plastic battery handles. My wife and I standing on either side of the fenders easily lifted out the old one that way. Installing the antigravity was one-armed due to its low weight. I also re-set the car to a lithium ion battery profile using my iCarsoft POR V 2.0. Not sure that is necessary (or even desired), but it seems to be working fine.
Old 05-14-2023, 04:12 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,352 Likes on 762 Posts

Originally Posted by Need4S
To get the old battery out, I didn’t want to stand in the trunk so I just got a stout broom handle and threaded it between the two plastic battery handles. My wife and I standing on either side of the fenders easily lifted out the old one that way. Installing the antigravity was one-armed due to its low weight. I also re-set the car to a lithium ion battery profile using my iCarsoft POR V 2.0. Not sure that is necessary (or even desired), but it seems to be working fine.
I thought about getting a board and asking the wife for help but I did it while she was at the gym. I hopped in the frunk and man handled it out.
Today I plugged in my Cobb AP and found 2 codes and cleared them and all is good and car is running like it’s supposed to.
Need4S (05-15-2023)
Old 05-15-2023, 12:35 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,054 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by onfireTTS
Not really needed, but a curiosity question. I just recharged both of my MicroStarts last night. (Held 80% charge after 6 months sitting). Can a MS be used to supply 12V temporarily with the battery out ?
Yes, but it depends on which model of MICRO-START Jump Starter. For example on the lastest XP-20 it has all of its protections built into the unit itself, so you can't really use it as a continual power supply. But on the XP-10 model, the jump starter port can be used as a short term (maybe 15 mins) power supply if the battery was out . You just need to make sure all the accessories light lights, fans and all is off so there isn't alot of draw on the MS. But this would also require having our Clampless Harness Kit, which is a 42" wire harness that plugs into the Jump STarter Port of the XP-10 model... then you plug that Harness into the Micro-Start while the other ends are attached to your Cars Terminals. Here are some picture of it below.

The reason you can't just attache the MIcro-Start's clamps to the Car's Battery clamps is because the MS clamps have a built in protection system that if you press the BOOST button on the clamp it only make the clamps "LIVE" for about 30 seconds, and then turns off as a safety precaution, then the clamps turn off again. So that is not enough time to get a battery changed out. If that doesn't make sense I can try to explain it better.

In this picture below it shows our Clampless Harness attached to this battery in my older GT3... and you see we route it to come out from under the frunk... this way it allow you to give energy to the system or battery if your need a JUMP START or power to the Battery Clamps. If you look closesly at the image you can see the red and black wires attached to the clamps of the Car. LINK is HERE> https://antigravitybatteries.com/pro...s-msa10b-long/

Old 05-15-2023, 01:25 PM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,130 Likes on 869 Posts

Originally Posted by Antigravity
Yes, but it depends on which model of MICRO-START Jump Starter. For example on the lastest XP-20 it has all of its protections built into the unit itself, so you can't really use it as a continual power supply. But on the XP-10 model, the jump starter port can be used as a short term (maybe 15 mins) power supply if the battery was out . You just need to make sure all the accessories light lights, fans and all is off so there isn't alot of draw on the MS. But this would also require having our Clampless Harness Kit, which is a 42" wire harness that plugs into the Jump STarter Port of the XP-10 model... then you plug that Harness into the Micro-Start while the other ends are attached to your Cars Terminals. Here are some picture of it below.

The reason you can't just attache the MIcro-Start's clamps to the Car's Battery clamps is because the MS clamps have a built in protection system that if you press the BOOST button on the clamp it only make the clamps "LIVE" for about 30 seconds, and then turns off as a safety precaution, then the clamps turn off again. So that is not enough time to get a battery changed out. If that doesn't make sense I can try to explain it better.

In this picture below it shows our Clampless Harness attached to this battery in my older GT3... and you see we route it to come out from under the frunk... this way it allow you to give energy to the system or battery if your need a JUMP START or power to the Battery Clamps. If you look closesly at the image you can see the red and black wires attached to the clamps of the Car. LINK is HERE> https://antigravitybatteries.com/pro...s-msa10b-long/

Ironically, I do have two MS 10’s. Plus the wire kit on the 911.
Old 05-16-2023, 01:34 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by onfireTTS
Ironically, I do have two MS 10’s. Plus the wire kit on the 911.
Cool then you should be good to go if you ever encounter this, or need to do it. But if you do remember to put rags or something around the positive clamp so it doesn't fall over and hit a grounded piece of metal in the frunk. I personally had this happen because I just set the energized clamps to the side , but the positive clamp swung down and hit the battery tray which could have been bad had it been raw metal.
onfireTTS (05-16-2023)
Old 05-26-2023, 03:55 PM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

FYI, there is a Memorial Day sale on Antigravity.
https://antigravitybatteries.com/pro...ntent=auto_btn
Old 01-24-2024, 10:19 PM
gbakerge
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts

Accidentally killed my AGM battery…took my trickle charger off the 911 and put it on the BMW motorcycle, forgot about it and now the 911 is completely dead.

Sounds like from this thread, I can simply pop in a new AGM and everything should work just fine? My car does have a tune, so hope that does not present any anomalies?

Chad from AG - any upcoming sales? I can wait for a bit as I’m not driving it in the winter weather anyway. If not, I’ll just go with another AGM.

Old 01-24-2024, 11:00 PM
Greg2010
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 58 Posts

Once you have an AG you never go back!
Significant weight savings, stays charged longer (don't need to hook up your trickle charger as often), has inherent capability to preserve power for starting if you get near the point of draining your battery (and no more risk of losing power and not being able to easily open the frunk).
B_GTFLAT6PR (01-25-2024)
Old 01-28-2024, 02:55 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by gbakerge
Accidentally killed my AGM battery…took my trickle charger off the 911 and put it on the BMW motorcycle, forgot about it and now the 911 is completely dead.

Sounds like from this thread, I can simply pop in a new AGM and everything should work just fine? My car does have a tune, so hope that does not present any anomalies?

Chad from AG - any upcoming sales? I can wait for a bit as I’m not driving it in the winter weather anyway. If not, I’ll just go with another AGM.
We should be having our Spring Sale coming up March/April, just haven’t received a specific date as of yet. But we also currently extend a discount to our forum members. Feel free to email me directly for details on that.
Best regards
Chad
chad@antigravitybatteries.com

Quick Reply: New battery