More advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2023, 11:50 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 978 Likes on 593 Posts

Sucks buddy I’m sorry. Keep checking with different companies. Sometimes there is one who will take the leap of faith. If not, I agree, enjoy the ride starting with something around 100. But don’t give up. I thought about her every day. Keep checking.

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com
The following users liked this post:
Tormeno (03-16-2023)
Old 03-16-2023, 11:44 AM
nismonian
Instructor

Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

Keep checking, Car is still available at the moment
Old 03-16-2023, 07:35 PM
ottodawg
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 217 Posts

Try Lightstream if you haven't. They gave me a $100k signature loan with 3.9% interest when I bought mine. They didn't even want a lien on the car. I'm sure rates are higher now.
Tormeno (03-16-2023)
Old 03-16-2023, 09:21 PM
Tormeno
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ottodawg
Try Lightstream if you haven't. They gave me a $100k signature loan with 3.9% interest when I bought mine. They didn't even want a lien on the car. I'm sure rates are higher now.
I did, they denied me lol
Old 03-16-2023, 10:59 PM
911dude41
Drifting

Received 1,228 Likes on 705 Posts

Doesn't hurt to exaggerate your income..

You must start at the bottom I guess.

When i first got my SSN I had to get a secured credit card. After a few months I walked into a Honda dealership, found a salesman and pointed to a brand new base model accord and said that one. Now. Got a high interest 25k loan. Honda financial.

6 months later i went to Toyota and traded in for a brand Tundra. They had a promo for 1.9% interest. Got approved with some income verification for a 50k loan. Toyota financial.

6 months after that I sold the tundra to carmax and owed about 7k on top. Paid that off.

With 2 loans under my belt in about 13 months I bought a used 911 for 83k out the door. 0 down. BOFA

During that 83k loan ownership I bought a second 911 GTS brand new along side the other one. Financed 133k. Also BOFA.

Not long after owning 2 911s i sold one and made money on it.. 2 years after the new 911 I sold it.

Lastly I went to Porsche and bought a TTS for 182k with 10k down. Porsche financial.

During my TTS ownership Ferrari Financial approved me in 5 minutes for $440K zero down no income verification. LMAO. Couldn't believe it.

Crazy what one little Honda Accord can do for someone with big dreams and exotics in mind. I had to play the stupid game even though I had money and earned a huge income.

After my second auto loan thru Toyota Financial I was never asked to verify income again. Im 99.9% certain i can walk into any dealership and walk out with any car. 0 down. With no income verification.

In your defense, youre puttint down a strong down-payment. Idk what the deal is there.

Try PNC bank.

Last edited by 911dude41; 03-16-2023 at 11:00 PM.
nismonian (03-17-2023)
Old 03-16-2023, 11:02 PM
Tormeno
Advanced

Originally Posted by 911dude41
Doesn't hurt to exaggerate your income..

You must start at the bottom I guess.

When i first got my SSN I had to get a secured credit card. After a few months I walked into a Honda dealership, found a salesman and pointed to a brand new base model accord and said that one. Now. Got a high interest 25k loan. Honda financial.

6 months later i went to Toyota and traded in for a brand Tundra. They had a promo for 1.9% interest. Got approved with some income verification for a 50k loan. Toyota financial.

6 months after that I sold the tundra to carmax and owed about 7k on top. Paid that off.

With 2 loans under my belt in about 13 months I bought a used 911 for 83k out the door. 0 down. BOFA

During that 83k loan ownership I bought a second 911 GTS brand new along side the other one. Financed 133k. Also BOFA.

Not long after owning 2 911s i sold one and made money on it.. 2 years after the new 911 I sold it.

Lastly I went to Porsche and bought a TTS for 182k with 10k down. Porsche financial.

During my TTS ownership Ferrari Financial approved me in 5 minutes for $440K zero down to income verification. LMAO. Couldn't believe it.

Crazy what one little Honda Accord can do for someone with big dreams and exotics in mind. I had to play the stupid game even though I had money and earned a huge income.

After my second auto loan thru Toyota Financial I was never asked to verify income again. Im 99.9% certain i can walk into any dealership and walk out with any car. 0 down. With no income verification.

In your defense, youre puttint down a strong down-payment. Idk what the deal is there.

Try PNC bank.
Im hella impressed lmao, I've been jumping through hoops to make this work and still cant get it done. I guess ill buy a c8 for 80k next and work my way up 😭
Old 03-17-2023, 12:38 AM
911dude41
Drifting

Received 1,228 Likes on 705 Posts

Originally Posted by Tormeno
Im hella impressed lmao, I've been jumping through hoops to make this work and still cant get it done. I guess ill buy a c8 for 80k next and work my way up 😭
Its okay man. Just do that, enjoy it and after a minimum of 6 months you can try again.

Most of those cars I could have bought outright but didn't want to dump a ton of cash into one car and wanted to build up my auto loan history to be in the position I am now.

Other than the C8, try a 991.2 3.0t. Very similar car and you can build relationships and meet people that are like minded. That way you can transition into a 991 TTS after or maybe even a 992.
Old 03-17-2023, 08:42 AM
Tormeno
Advanced

Originally Posted by 911dude41
Its okay man. Just do that, enjoy it and after a minimum of 6 months you can try again.

Most of those cars I could have bought outright but didn't want to dump a ton of cash into one car and wanted to build up my auto loan history to be in the position I am now.

Other than the C8, try a 991.2 3.0t. Very similar car and you can build relationships and meet people that are like minded. That way you can transition into a 991 TTS after or maybe even a 992.
i was looking at a few c4s but they are still incredibly high in price it feels like!
Old 03-17-2023, 11:04 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,485 Likes on 934 Posts

Everyone’s needs and everyone’s situation are different. Keep working towards what you want, and it will happen.

My first Porsche purchase was a 2002 Carrera 4S. It was a few years old when I bought it. The only way that I could justify it to my wife was to save money for it so that we wouldn’t have a payment. I did just that; I saved for it and paid cash when the time was right. It wasn’t my dream Porsche, but it was an awesome experience nonetheless. A few Porsches later, I ended up buying the one that I always wanted, and it’s still in my garage today.

Last edited by Dennis C; 03-17-2023 at 11:55 AM.
SConn (03-17-2023)
Old 03-17-2023, 11:38 AM
Tormeno
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dennis C
Everyone’s needs and everyone’s situation are different. Keep working towards what you want, and it will happen.

My first Porsche purchase was a 2002 Carrara 4S. It was a few years old when I bought it. The only way that I could justify it to my wife was to save money for it so that we wouldn’t have a payment. I did just that; I saved for it and paid cash when the time was right. It wasn’t my dream Porsche, but it was an awesome experience nonetheless. A few Porsches later, I ended up buying the one that I always wanted, and it’s still in my garage today.
Solid advice all around! The only issue Im really having is that it is a dream spec of mine, which is very hard to come by in a used vehicle lol. This one is gonna hurt for awhile.

Quick Reply: More advice needed