Sponsored by: Road Spy

991.2 Lack of Presets in PCM

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2021, 05:12 PM
mikcin2016
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 991.2 Lack of Presets in PCM

Afternoon all. I recently turned in my 991.1 2016 911 GTS Cabriolet for a 991.2 2018 911 Turbo Cabriolet. One thing I did not know was the lack of presets deletion in the dash PCM display. I've read this online here and in other forums with no luck in a fix - next best thing, write a letter to the CEO of PCNA and I did receive a response from him, want the addressr. Kjell Gruner
President and CEO, Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
One Porsche Drive
Atlanta, GA 30354
After a few phone calls with Joe from his office, Porsche Germany did provide a response about the lack of this feature on the 991.2:

The transition from 991.1 to 991.2 of course included a PCM update and the instrument cluster radio selection feature was eliminated and no longer supported with the newer PCM and its completely different software base. Some alternate methods introduced with 991.2 to change radio/media settings include improved voice control as well as the diamond shortcut button that can be programmed to next/previous station. We understand this is not ideal and that US customers would still prefer a cluster menu and we are working hard to push this with PAG to improve on future products and we appreciate the feedback.

Who knows, maybe a few more letters to Dr. Gruner might get a sooner fix from Germany.

Quick Reply: 991.2 Lack of Presets in PCM