Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Advice re: Power upgrades options, Tune, Intercoolers, Radiators, Plenum, Y Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2021, 09:07 AM
Pb Pedis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,023 Likes on 643 Posts
Default Well…

Originally Posted by Lofvis
…Diverter valves also seems to be a thing to change out if you have everything off to install IC or Y-pipe as them seems **** to failure? it's not a power upgrade per say…IPD claim a good amount of gains on their y-pipe (max 35whp and 40 lb-ft) and plenum (max 45whp and 55 lb-ft) on a stock car and together 55whp and 70 lb-ft,
If y-pipe is good to start with when is the plenum a good idea to swap out as again seems more beneficial to swap both if the skirt is off.
For what it’s worth, I upgraded the Ypipe (DO88 brand) and inlet pipes (DO88) with diverter valves at the same time as I upgraded the intercoolers and a custom Cobb tune from Sam. The car is blistering fast. Up next is to upgrade to IPD plenum, Kline headers and Meth kit.

Some time ago I started a thread on the differences between the IPD products and DO88. While I couldn’t find anything conclusive, the price difference is apparent. I decided to go with the DO88 YPipe because it comes tapped for Meth and it did not require me to trim the carbon fiber intercooler pipes that came with my champion intercooler upgrade. However, I think the IPD plenum seems to be slightly larger than the DO88 part so I will going with IPD for the plenum.
The following users liked this post:
Big Swole (09-28-2021)
Old 09-28-2021, 09:57 AM
onfireTTS
Drifting

Received 1,094 Likes on 844 Posts

Aftermarket Y pipe is great for strength and adding meth.
Old 09-28-2021, 11:17 AM
sirius9
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Thank you for all the comments and advice so far.
Time to raid the Christmas funds in prep for the mods.

Will start with cat back exhaust, remap/tune and intercooler (to spread the cost for further power hike upgrades)
If I can live with the in cabin noise level, then high flow sport cats will be next.

Old 09-28-2021, 11:22 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,029 Likes on 1,275 Posts

Originally Posted by NightBlueTTS
I remember when you posted! Thanks to your post, I was able to quickly diagnose what happened to my car. So thank you!!
Absolutely man!!
I think I remember that now too when you popped yours.
It’s hard remembering who did what and when. lol
The following users liked this post:
NightBlueTTS (09-29-2021)

Quick Reply: Advice re: Power upgrades options, Tune, Intercoolers, Radiators, Plenum, Y Pipe