Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

APR Diverter Valves Orientation

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2021, 06:29 PM
cosmo1
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

I was able to get in there to swap them around without having to remove the intercoolers btw. Drove the car today and feels and sounds better than before. Yes I wish APR had included some sort of instructions or even a schematic showing how to install them to save us all some time.
Want to also thank Sam from By-Design for putting up with me while trying to figure this out!!

Originally Posted by barncobob
what a nightmare..stuff like this drives me bonkers
Old 08-14-2021, 06:46 PM
barncobob
Rennlist Member

Received 748 Likes on 460 Posts

some valves on other cars have an arrow embossed on each end...just an idea..
The following users liked this post:
cosmo1 (08-14-2021)
Old 08-14-2021, 11:14 PM
Lofvis
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 17 Posts

I guess all aftermarket is more or less the same, anyone try the GFB DV+ T9301?
Old 08-15-2021, 05:17 PM
ottodawg
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 217 Posts

I know the Go Fast Bits DV's are plumbed opposite to the stock, amazing APR doesn't mark those or at least provide a diagram.
Old 08-15-2021, 07:24 PM
911dude41
Drifting

Received 1,234 Likes on 710 Posts

So the consensus is that APR sucks, yeah? I have their valves but I'd say they suck as a company.

I called called guy said straight forward "I don't know". Lmao
Old 08-15-2021, 07:31 PM
ottodawg
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by 911dude41
So the consensus is that APR sucks, yeah? I have their valves but I'd say they suck as a company.

I called called guy said straight forward "I don't know". Lmao
Probably a good product, but if you can't provide even the most basic information, that'd make me look elsewhere...
Old 08-15-2021, 08:58 PM
cosmo1
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

I feel they have way too many fires in the oven and instead of completing their current projects they quickly move on to others projects leaving behind a lot if incomplete work. I originally went with their OTS tune and was happy with it but they promised to have the map switching option available the first quarter of 2021. Now that being said I understand covid has effected everything and have followed up every month after only to be told they have No idea when that option would be available so I moved to Sam-By Design and never looked back. Hate it I spent $2k on a incomplete tune and without even an apology or refund since. Funny seeing how they just posted up again about there tune being on sale but again with no map switching option. What I should have done from the beginning was just go with Sam because he has an exceptional reputation.
When I first contacted them about the orientation of their diverter valves they told me it needed to be installed the same way as the oem came off but they would check to make sure. So the next day I received an email saying the valves needed to be installed the opposite of the oem valves. The valves do work both ways but I was getting surge coming from the turbos and it just didn't sound right but since they have been installed correctly the car feels and sounds perfect. I only wish I didn't have to go through the trouble of installing them twice when all APR had to is supply instructions.

Originally Posted by ottodawg
Probably a good product, but if you can't provide even the most basic information, that'd make me look elsewhere...

Last edited by cosmo1; 08-15-2021 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-15-2021, 09:43 PM
Pb Pedis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,053 Likes on 662 Posts
Default Yep

Originally Posted by cosmo1
…. Hate it I spent $2k on a … tune…. What I should have done from the beginning was just go with Sam because he has an exceptional reputation….
<sigh> This is how I feel about the $2,500 I spent on the GIAC tune. There is nothing wrong with the GIAC tune and I was perfectly content with the car on it, but it’s too bad I didn’t have the foresight to go with Sam from the outset.

Quick Reply: APR Diverter Valves Orientation