Sponsored by: Road Spy

pin connectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2021, 11:21 PM
defros
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pin connectors

A few pins broke and now I need to replace a few female pins from my rear body connector and parking control module, which are both located under the drivers side seat.
I am having trouble finding a part number for the pin connectors or the actual connectors. Does anyone know what is the best way to proceed? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-31-2021, 12:10 PM
ottodawg
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 217 Posts

Should be a PN on the connector. I broke the front bumper main harness connector. Porsche would only sell they entire harness, I ended finding the connector at the local VW dealer. You'll also need to figure out what extraction tool to use to remove the pins.
Old 07-31-2021, 02:52 PM
defros
6th Gear

I appreciate the reply, but there is no part number on the connector and my mechanic told me his is sure it is an Audi connector. The issue I have is the pin broke on the actual ecu and before I install the new ecu, I need to fix the female pin connectors that have the broken pins inside.
I tried extracting the broken pin, but there was to much corrosion and the wire needs to be cut and a new female pin connector needs to be attached. I am looking for the female pin connectors, not the actual complete connector. I might need to stop by an audi dealer, since the porsche dealer was not able to locate the part.
Old 07-31-2021, 03:59 PM
ottodawg
Rennlist Member

Could very well be an Audi part. Like I was saying I bought the replacement connector for my 911 at the VW dealer. Porsche parts really don't deal in selling connectors/pins. I'm not familiar with the connector you're talking about, maybe post a pic of it? The connector I replaced, the pins were released from the face. It required a fork type extraction tool.
Old 07-31-2021, 04:22 PM
defros
6th Gear

I will try to the local Audi dealer and see if they might have something that works. The Porsche dealer told me they can only supply the complete body harness.
Old 07-31-2021, 06:25 PM
ottodawg
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by defros
I will try to the local Audi dealer and see if they might have something that works. The Porsche dealer told me they can only supply the complete body harness.
Yeah, they might be able to help you. I think most of those control module connector are made by either Amp or Molex. I'm sure they'd be available from a place like Mouser Electronics once you identify it.
Old 07-31-2021, 08:45 PM
defros
6th Gear

I will definitely check the site out and see if I can identify the connector. Thanks for the reference.

Quick Reply: pin connectors