Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

991 Turbo S gauge face cluster replacement. Help please :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2021, 08:01 AM
Jaber
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb 991 Turbo S gauge face cluster replacement. Help please :)

Hello Everyone!

Im looking to swap my middle gauge cluster with a cluster that has "Turbo S" written on it. Is that possible? anyone did that before? and how much did it cost?

Thanks and have a good day everyone.

Old 01-13-2021, 11:11 AM
Jim M.
Rennlist Member

Received 828 Likes on 433 Posts

Have you or a previous owner changed your gauge faces, or did it come from the factory that way? Are replacement colored faces even available with "Turbo S" on them? Several members here have changed their gauge faces, but I don't know if the Turbo S was on the new face. Have you researched this with Sunset, or other vendors?
Old 01-13-2021, 11:17 AM
Jaber
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Jim M.
Have you or a previous owner changed your gauge faces, or did it come from the factory that way? Are replacement colored faces even available with "Turbo S" on them? Several members here have changed their gauge faces, but I don't know if the Turbo S was on the new face. Have you researched this with Sunset, or other vendors?

Hello Jim and thanks for your reply. I really have no idea as im the 3rd owner. Is the replacement hard? And are the onces in Sunset OEM? Do they look exactly same?

thanks
Old 01-13-2021, 11:28 AM
dbhajek
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaber
Hello Everyone!

Im looking to swap my middle gauge cluster with a cluster that has "Turbo S" written on it. Is that possible? anyone did that before? and how much did it cost?

Thanks and have a good day everyone.

Here is a DYI
The following users liked this post:
Jaber (01-13-2021)
Old 01-13-2021, 12:06 PM
CincyScott
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

I tried to do it myself on a 996tt and gave up and sent it off to Palo Alto Speedo and had them fix my wrong. Getting the needles back and correct is a little bit of a trick.
Old 02-13-2024, 11:43 AM
DASVADR
2nd Gear

I've been looking into doing this even before I purchased my 991 tts, but haven't pulled the trigger to do it yet. However, from my research so far, it is my understanding that reputable aftermarket sellers of the faceplate will not include the Turbo S in the faceplate as it is trademark protected. You may be able to find plates from allibaba or other chinese distributors, but I believe the dialmarkers on those are bulky and significantly different.

So, it seems your faceplate is probably an aftermarket install and not original. I'm sure Porsche dealer can order a replacement part for a fairly hefty sum.
Old 02-13-2024, 02:45 PM
Pb Pedis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,034 Likes on 653 Posts

Have you or a previous owner changed your gauge faces, or did it come from the factory that way? Are replacement colored faces even available with "Turbo S" on them?...
Just a guess, but I presume the OEM replacements must be for sale somewhere, even with colored faces? If they can sell new colored OEM faces with Turbo S on them on new cars, there must be replacements somewhere?

Quick Reply: 991 Turbo S gauge face cluster replacement. Help please :)