Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

What am I doing wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2020, 12:39 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,857 Likes on 1,523 Posts

Our forum (rennlist), and uor particular corner of that forum (991-Turbo) is pretty supportive and open compared to most forums and other subgroups even in on rennlist... There always seems to be a willingness to answer questions and provide feedback, even if a topic has been discussed numerous times before without the typical "use the search, you ignorant newbie twit" kind of responses seen in many so other forums...

Last edited by pfbz; 10-26-2020 at 09:28 PM.
Old 10-26-2020, 08:48 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,504 Likes on 964 Posts

I guess I'm in Group 1 and also in Group 3. I want to be in Group 2 maybe if I had more time and had a Lizard green GT3RS and could somehow keep my Turbo S. I was driving home in the TTS the other night, Burmester up, LEDs on, put the spoilers up on the highway, MAN- what a machine!! Can't get rid of this.

I spent hours changing interior trim on my 997 Carrera back in the day. Contorting myself with screwdrivers and drills on that damn cupholder trim. I had new appreciation for what Porsche techs do. Some of that work isn't easy.
Old 10-27-2020, 02:17 PM
Paliknight
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Was definitely expecting different responses. Glad to see this forum’s members are considerate and mature.

nice car and keep up the passion OP.
The following users liked this post:
Frank996 (10-31-2020)
Old 10-27-2020, 07:29 PM
Bruce H.
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

Took me a few days before I even saw this thread and I'm happy to respond...I love your commitment to personalizing it to your taste! Wow, that is one eye-catching creation! I was at the other end of the scale flying under the radar with GT Silver and Bordeaux leather interior was as wild as I wanted to go for this one. I have another wild ride and can totally appreciate adding a little sizzle to the TT!
Old 10-28-2020, 12:06 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,136 Likes on 3,129 Posts

I'm sorry that folks, myself included, did not make mention of your car in the thread 'What did you do to your 991 today...'.

As that is a thread I started, I try and comment as much as possible, but admittedly over the last couple of months I have been amiss on the site because I have been recovering from surgery.

With that being said, I am very partial to the Agate Grey, looks very good!
Old 10-28-2020, 07:29 PM
Pdtp#16
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by rbrotmd
Many thanks Rodsky; your comments are quite reassuring.

Thoughts on the suspension mods: I put the TechArt springs on first, mainly for the cosmetic appearance; they did not disappoint, but they definitely made the ride harsher and I bottomed out on a speed bump causing damage to a crossmember that had to be replaced. Nevertheless, it seems that cornering is enhanced (but I’m not a track guy). I installed the DSC controller because I love the idea of the technology and many members said it dramatically IMPROVED the ride. I find the ride MUCH harsher after DSC, but again, it seems to enhance cornering. I may only be experiencing “placebo effect”, but that’s how it feels to the seat of my pants.

I’d be very interested in your thoughts after you install it.

Roger

P.S. Yours is a Cabriolet too, right. Here’s a disappointing feature of the DSC install: there’s a port for a USB cable on the controller; it makes perfect sense to leave a cable attached so you can update firmware and change mapping without undoing half the car. It’s simple on the Coupe, but it’s impossible on the Cabrio because of different mechanical parts.
Roger

You might want to chat with Tom at TPC. An issue you could have is the fact you are running techart springs which is lowering your car thus compressing your shocks. As such when you are driving around your spring shock already compressed so the settings the DSC is applying to the shocks might not be the right ones within the shock’s range. There is a process upon which you can zero out the shocks. We do this each time we scale or align the car. Hope this helps

Old 10-28-2020, 10:34 PM
rbrotmd
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Pdtp#16
Roger

You might want to chat with Tom at TPC. An issue you could have is the fact you are running techart springs which is lowering your car thus compressing your shocks. As such when you are driving around your spring shock already compressed so the settings the DSC is applying to the shocks might not be the right ones within the shock’s range. There is a process upon which you can zero out the shocks. We do this each time we scale or align the car. Hope this helps
Thanks Pdtp. I just had the pleasure of talking with Tom. He is so knowledgable and helpful. Tomorrow I’m going to slap a USB cable on the DSC and read out any faults and zero the shocks. Tom also said I might want to load the GTS touring map.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:08 PM
Pdtp#16
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by rbrotmd
Thanks Pdtp. I just had the pleasure of talking with Tom. He is so knowledgable and helpful. Tomorrow I’m going to slap a USB cable on the DSC and read out any faults and zero the shocks. Tom also said I might want to load the GTS touring map.

Quick Reply: What am I doing wrong?