Sponsored by: Road Spy

Various HP with Mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2020, 12:34 PM
CincyScott
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Various HP with Mods

What kind of expectations should I have around the various mods for horsepower?

Tune: 50 hp / 50 tq?
Tune + Exhaust: 60 / 60?
Intercoolers: (really none, but doesn't pull timing on hot days or mid run)
Upgraded compressors in turbos: 100 / 100?

Thanks for any notions, just trying to figure out what makes the most sense in dollars / hp. Feel free to point me to some resources if it's oft discussed and I am search inept.
Old 04-21-2020, 12:56 PM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,111 Likes on 858 Posts

@SamboTT@ByDesign is a killer source for those questions.

A Stage 2 custom tune from Sam with 100 cell cats (needed) is by far the best bang for the buck. I picked up a solid 5 mph in the 1/8 mile which should be 7-8mph in the 1/4. So that is close to 100hp combined.

68mm Turbo upgrade without Meth is a hotdog without mustard. I would guess 40hp. Add meth and it’s probably 100 or more. Sam will know.

I think a Stage. 2 custom from Sam with 100cells and Meth would be the ultimate bang for the buck !

Good luck !
The following users liked this post:
AnthonyGan (04-21-2020)
Old 06-30-2024, 03:28 AM
eidde
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

You have realistic numbers. Intercoolers will help, and for $800, it's worth the investment. Avoid methanol injection; when it fails, it's not good and not worth the risk.

Shop around for tuners, not just the ones you see here. Avoid Cobb at all costs since you never know when they will decide to remove features and leave you stranded.

Compressors are nice, but it really depends on whether you have a .1 or .2 model.

As for exhaust, let's be honest: all turbo Porsches sound horrible. Save your money and get the most affordable option. Valves to go straight pipes are a must—you will see an increase in power when they are open.

Be careful in your research. Check who the admins are because a lot of the same forum groups are run by the same tuners, so you only get one opinion.

Last edited by eidde; 06-30-2024 at 03:38 AM. Reason: how to tune your 991 porsche and how not to. bad tunes good tunes

Quick Reply: Various HP with Mods