Sponsored by: Road Spy

991.1 turbo do88 and dsc sport install

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2020, 08:18 PM
Richard Dean
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 991.1 turbo do88 and dsc sport install

Just got finished installing do88's tube and fin intercooler kit, along with the inlet pipes. Also got a dsc sport. All on this on a 991.1 turbo.

After some driving around town in normal mode only,I can tell a major difference in the ride quality. I lowered the car with h&r springs, which makes it pretty low and I sacrificed ride quality for looks. But that ride quality is now back and better than ever. Truly amazing what some tuning for the shocks can do. Along with that, it leveled out the headlights after being to low when I lowered the vehicle.

As far as the coolers and inlet pipes are concerned, there is a noticeable difference there also. The turbo noise is louder and from the butt dyno its making more power. After some 60 to 65 degree days and moderate pushing the IATs never got above 72. The coolers arent lighter than stock, but are very close, maybe a pound or two heavier. They are very light in comparison to other bar and plate coolers.

More testing at the drag way, AMP and road Atlanta will prove these are great modifications.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:07 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,455 Likes on 2,359 Posts

The DSC module is truly a welcome additional on my car as well, a GTS with stock suspension. I felt it was well worth the price but even better there is usually one for sale in the Marketplace, which someone removed prior to selling their car.
Old 02-24-2020, 11:32 AM
Jim M.
Rennlist Member

Received 860 Likes on 447 Posts

On top of all that DSC provides some great service including after sales service. Highly recommend the DSC module.
Old 02-25-2020, 07:57 AM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Received 782 Likes on 491 Posts

DSC made a huge difference in my car, now maybe if you live in an area with good roads it's not as important, but I live in PA and upstate NY and the roads suck, this makes them feel much smoother, and makes on and off ramps REALLY FUN
The following users liked this post:
aft86 (02-25-2020)

Quick Reply: 991.1 turbo do88 and dsc sport install