Sponsored by: Road Spy

991 TT Aerodynamic Data

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2020, 02:29 PM
Pdtp#16
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Jean
Eventuri will help in terms of solving the airbox fitting problem. However the intake remains a central intake on the Eventuri, so you have to find a way to fix that. There are quite a few people over here who have done the conversion and some shops know what to do.

Easiest way would be to use the .1 3RS Decklid and Wing. Then make the hole on the center and use the side holes for the fans. You can retain the your Eventuri intake system.
Old 10-30-2021, 11:30 PM
Gixxerboy63
Racer

Received 140 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Pdtp#16
It all depends on the level of quality and functionality you want to retain. There are three models 3RS, 2RS and GT3 Cup. Then there is .1 and .2 versions (except for 2RS). Each one of these has their own nuisance that you need to deal with. Also you need to take into consideration the front as well. On the rear you need to secure or modify

- Decklid, decklid plate, actuator, airbox, intake / inlet to air box and struts. Off course uprights wing etc.
- 1 3RS: Shares the same position on the fans therefore you can retain the top cover. You will need to make a hole on the center of the decklid to make sure the inlet works. Additionally you will need to shave the fins down on the airbox to make sure the box fits under the decklid plate.
- 2RS: Best scenario here is that you buy the 2RS inlets and air box. Fans are positions difference so you will need new engine cover as well. Second option is to modify this and treat them similarly to how you would do the .1 3RS. Defeats the purpose of the air inlets on the decklid as the fans are position to extract air not bring air in. You will loose efficiency this way. Third option i have seen if to remove the air box all together and put two single filters in the engine bay. This would be the most economical not sure how efficient and you would probably be sucking some of the hot air from the engine bay as well.
Under either scenario OEM parts are really expensive. With that said i have found that most after market parts are really heavy and or need a lot of work to make them fit well, ultimately ending costing almost the same. If you can find some used OEM parts or a good supplier of dry carbon Fiber parts probably the best way to go

- GT3 Cup: What i like about this scenario is the ability to use OEM parts at somewhat more reasonable prices. Also you can definitely find good quality aftermarket race parts at even better prices. For this scenario you will need to custom make the airbox. Non of the scenarios above (other than using two open single filters) will work.

Once you do this you need to be mindful that the front spoiler wont work. You will need to change that as well. If you are heading this route you will need to change A LOT of parts. Front bumper, center radiator, center radiator duct work, side radiator duct work, front splitter, front side splitter, left and right fenders, fender liners, front wheels (if you want to fill in the fenders), etc. Happy to send you a full list. Each model is a bit different as well.

Hope this helps
I have accomplished a GT3RS front bumper conversion along with RS fenders and an RS Rear Decklid/Wing, Wheels, etc.....
How can I eliminate the Active Aero warning that occurs at 77mph?
It is super annoying!

991.1 Porsche Turbo RS (Turbo S uplifted with GT3 RS aero pieces)
Old 10-31-2021, 09:51 PM
Pdtp#16
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Gixxerboy63
I have accomplished a GT3RS front bumper conversion along with RS fenders and an RS Rear Decklid/Wing, Wheels, etc.....
It is super annoying!

991.1 Porsche Turbo RS (Turbo S uplifted with GT3 RS aero pieces)
take it to a racing shop that has a PIWIS and can code it out. Not sure where you are located otherwise I would recommend someone.
Old 11-01-2021, 10:15 AM
Gixxerboy63
Racer

Received 140 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Pdtp#16
take it to a racing shop that has a PIWIS and can code it out. Not sure where you are located otherwise I would recommend someone.
​​​​​​​I live in NC.
(convenient to Winston-Salem, Charlotte or Raleigh areas)
😅

Last edited by Gixxerboy63; 11-01-2021 at 10:16 AM.
Old 11-01-2021, 02:12 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,805 Likes on 1,504 Posts

Originally Posted by Gixxerboy63

Absolutely gorgeous... I'm a sucker for Agate Gray!

It is super annoying!
take it to a racing shop that has a PIWIS
You might also check out the 'PIWIS Clone' thread and get your own PIWIS...
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...wis-clone.html

Warning: The setup is a bit tedious, getting everything working together is also tedious, and the PIWIS operation itself it not all that intuitive, but you can code things yourself, not to mention read and monitor all the factory codes and parameters.

If you're not pretty good at administering windows, setting up virtual machines, loading drivers, etc. I'd suggest you get one of the bundled kits that comes with a dedicated computer (or at least the dedicated hard drive) rather than the less expensive style that you try and use with an existing windows laptop downloading the PIWIS software image.
Old 02-12-2022, 10:15 PM
ealingj
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 19 Posts

Does anyone have the updated bracket for GT2RS diffuser part number?

Unfortunately 9A1 111 335 80 is not the correct part. Thanks.

Old 02-13-2022, 10:35 AM
ealingj
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 19 Posts

part# for brackets are
9A1 111 335 80 (Small triangle bracket)
9A1 111 336 80 (Small triangle bracket)
9A1 111 321 80 (Large bracket off the nose)

diffuser: 991 504 257 81 (listed as underbody trim in catalog)
Old 10-18-2023, 09:29 AM
Ignacio55
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amazing Jean, That's some really interesting data from the 991 TT and the 911 GT2 RS. I am trying to use that data for a school project, so I would appreciate if you could facilitate me the source of both car's data, specially the aero coefficents. Thanks!!

Quick Reply: 991 TT Aerodynamic Data