Sponsored by: Road Spy

Comfort entry

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2020, 05:57 PM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Comfort entry

Stopped working. Quick trip to the dealer. Was told the settings just "unset" for no apparent reason. Tech re-set the seat settings and all is good now.
Old 01-09-2020, 07:11 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,189 Likes on 3,168 Posts

And this is one of the reasons I am thinking extended warranty - unexplained electronic gremlins...
Old 01-09-2020, 11:39 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,351 Likes on 761 Posts

But a simple reset was the fix. It could have been done by himself. Thousands of dollars for peace of mind for simple fixes might be overly cautious. Just saying. In the end it's your $'s.
Old 01-10-2020, 01:15 AM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

A buddy of mine is currently at war with Audi over the failure of his NAV screen, JUST after the warranty expired, and are trying to tag him almost $5k (albeit, Canadian...) for a new one....

His argument is that the car just went out of warranty and Audi should apply a little 'good will' towards him. Currently, they are telling him to go and pound sand.

It would irritate me to have to go through that, especially with a daily driver.

Last edited by 2fcknfst; 01-10-2020 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-10-2020, 07:34 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 870 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
A buddy of mine is currently at war with Audi over the failure of his NAV screen, JUST after the warranty expired, and are trying to rage him almost $5k (albeit, Canadian...) for a new one....

His argument is that the car just went out of warranty and Audi should apply a little 'good will' towards him. Currently, they are telling him to go and pound sand.

It would irritate me to have to go through that, especially with a daily driver.
On my last Carrera S the PCM screen went out after CPO ran out. Same thing 5K to fix. Forget NAV, no music etc... Was a big reason why I got my TT. I'd have to put $8K into an 8 year old car to sort it out. All these odds and ends can add up.
Old 01-10-2020, 10:52 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,351 Likes on 761 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
A buddy of mine is currently at war with Audi over the failure of his NAV screen, JUST after the warranty expired, and are trying to rage him almost $5k (albeit, Canadian...) for a new one....

I agree that would really p%ss me off to no end and that would turn me away from a brand if it were to happen close to the end of a warranty. I have not had that type of experience with Porsche but if I felt the brand was abandoning long time customers I would not stick with a brand like that. But I see your point.
Old 01-10-2020, 02:40 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Somewhat similar, but different as well - I had (having) an issue with the yellow oil overflow indicator. The first time it went off, we pulled half a liter of oil out of it and it went away. The second time was weird; I was waiting to pick someone up from the train, so I was parked, but running. Engine oil indicated 76c (ish), and on comes the warning light again. After a bit of buggering around, Porsche Vancouver says they are aware of the issue, and to ignore it until the spring. Sam also made an off the cuff comment on the cooling system and its perceived issues, so on it stays.

I am comfortable that it will be remedied, but the fact that I am unable to diagnose the problem myself is also an irritation - and, depending on the prognosis, if it happened off warranty, could be spendy. So electronic issues, whether or not they are coupled to mechanical failures, seem to be the primary bane of post warranty issues.

As Rodsky notes, you either go new, or you have to wear it. I have no idea what is wrong with the oil measurement system, but I am fairly confident I don't want to pay to find out.
Old 01-10-2020, 05:14 PM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Penn4S
But a simple reset was the fix. It could have been done by himself.
I asked that question too--i.e. do it myself. Tech said no. Full forward, full back, up and down was the sequence while hooked up to his laptop.