Sponsored by: Road Spy

Lock/Unlock Feature in Settings

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 10:11 PM
bigrpowr
Rennlist Member

Received 333 Likes on 230 Posts
Default Lock/Unlock Feature in Settings

for some reason every time i change the lock/unlock settings for them not to activate or off, i drive the car a couple times and it reverts. anyone know why? maybe i'm doing something wrong? it's pretty annoying. thanks in advance.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:20 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,553 Likes on 1,015 Posts

Originally Posted by bigrpowr
for some reason every time i change the lock/unlock settings for them not to activate or off, i drive the car a couple times and it reverts. anyone know why? maybe i'm doing something wrong? it's pretty annoying. thanks in advance.
You have to save the new settings to the key, via the memory buttons on the door panel, least they revert to the last saved settings the next time you unlock.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:22 PM
bigrpowr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by worf928
You have to save the new settings to the key, via the memory buttons on the door panel, least they revert to the last saved settings the next time you unlock.
too bad the manual isn't clear on that! i have never saved anything to memory, so when the key is in the car hold the memory button i choose and they will save? sorry to sound like a dummy.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:33 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

too bad the manual isn't clear on that! i have never saved anything to memory, so when the key is in the car hold the memory button i choose and they will save? sorry to sound like a dummy.
First you have to know if you have key #1 or key #2. When you get in and turn on the ignition (don't need to start the engine) you should see the PCM display something along the lines of "Settings for key #1" or "2." Then, once you know which key you have...

... mess with your settings and when done: press and hold the "key" button and then press either the "1" or "2" buttons while still pressing down the "key" button.(*) You should here a beep. Ignition has to be on to save settings.

(*) Wrong: read my next post.

Last edited by worf928; 11-18-2019 at 11:14 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by worf928:
4flynlow (11-18-2019), bigrpowr (11-18-2019)
Old 11-18-2019, 10:36 PM
bigrpowr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by worf928
First you have to know if you have key #1 or key #2. When you get in and turn on the ignition (don't need to start the engine) you should see the PCM display something along the lines of "Settings for key #1" or "2." Then, once you know which key you have...

... mess with your settings and when done: press and hold the "key" button and then press either the "1" or "2" buttons while still pressing down the "key" button. You should here a beep. Ignition has to be on to save settings.
you are the man, thank you dave.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:13 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

you are the man, thank you dave.
You are welcome. I'll keep the thanks 'on account' to balance out my next stupid post.

... which is actually the one above. I got it wrong. I was trying to deconstruct muscle memory and eff'd up. Here's the right way:

There are actually two 'memories' for each key. "key" and "1" or "2" where the last two are based upon which key you have.

All settings are stored to the 'key' memory. You don't have to know which key you have to set 'key' memory.

To set the 'key' memory you press the 'set' button and then the 'key' button. (Manual says you don't have to press both at the same time, but I'm not sure I believe it.)

To set the other memories use 'set' and a number button.

The 'key' memory only works if you have 'auto memory' turned off in the settings, otherwise the key memory is overwritten by current settings when locking.

IIRC, the 'number' buttons only store seat, mirror, and wheel position. The MFD settings are only stored in the 'key' memory.

Quick Reply: Lock/Unlock Feature in Settings