Aftermarket I/C - need to peek at them

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 03:11 PM
jsbihn
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Aftermarket I/C - need to peek at them

Hey all,
So as some know, I bought my car as a 2015 CPO... and the more I look at my car the more I am seeing aftermarket parts on here.
It started with what I thought was a completely stock car, only to have my buddy point out I had aftermarket suspension.... As my mechanic did some modifications, I started to notice other "upgraded" parts.
I had my exhaust put on, and it appeared that the car might be sporting some aftermarket intercoolers. BUT we couldnt really verify this completely.
So I am wondering if there is a way to check this out when the car goes in next week for a little work that will involve removing the engine lids, fans and possibly the tail lights. Basically exposing the engine

I know someone told me that if the end tanks are black plastic, then they are stock, but I have tried to look (and maybe I am not looking in the right location) but I just really cant see the end tanks. Of course, this is from under the car (when the exhaust was being installed) and there was nothing removed....
Any help would be great. Trying to get my car all buttoned up and of course, that has me on a hard path to get everything done that the car needs and I would hate to buy something only to find out I already have it
Thanks
Old 08-22-2019, 03:27 PM
arkadyzv
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by jsbihn
Hey all,
So as some know, I bought my car as a 2015 CPO... and the more I look at my car the more I am seeing aftermarket parts on here.
It started with what I thought was a completely stock car, only to have my buddy point out I had aftermarket suspension.... As my mechanic did some modifications, I started to notice other "upgraded" parts.
I had my exhaust put on, and it appeared that the car might be sporting some aftermarket intercoolers. BUT we couldnt really verify this completely.
So I am wondering if there is a way to check this out when the car goes in next week for a little work that will involve removing the engine lids, fans and possibly the tail lights. Basically exposing the engine

I know someone told me that if the end tanks are black plastic, then they are stock, but I have tried to look (and maybe I am not looking in the right location) but I just really cant see the end tanks. Of course, this is from under the car (when the exhaust was being installed) and there was nothing removed....
Any help would be great. Trying to get my car all buttoned up and of course, that has me on a hard path to get everything done that the car needs and I would hate to buy something only to find out I already have it
Thanks
Yeah stock end tanks are black plastic, the best way is to check everything is to just remove the bumper. Two torx bolts to remove the wing, the fans and the plastic panels all clip in plus the harnesses. Two bolts to the bottom wing panel and it slides forward and out. Two bolts each for the tail lights and they slide out and then the rest is just a bunch of torx bolts that hold the bumper, few on the top that are exposed by removing the wing panel, a few on the sides in the wheel wells and the rest are all on the bottom. They are mostly t25 if I remember correctly. Working slow whole procedure should take maybe 30 min doing it your first time. You'll be able to see just about everything.

If you just want to check intercoolers, removing the right most panel in the wheel well should give you enough access to see them without removing anything else but the rear wheel, you can probably even access it with the wheel on.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket I/C - need to peek at them