Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

2019 Turbo S - Bone Stock 1/4 and 1/8th ET and MPH Records - Broken

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 10:44 PM
AKSteve
Three Wheelin'

Received 828 Likes on 461 Posts

Just curious, with the crazy acceleration you guys are getting on these 1/4 mile runs, what's the maximum acceleration g-force reading shown on your dash computer?
Old 06-21-2019, 12:53 AM
vtknight
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
As I said before, I had multiple runs that night in the 134+ range, with the fastest being 135.99. That same night, there was a 687whp GT500 with no rear seats, drag radials and thin front wheels that was running 127-129mph traps, right where you'd expect. He's a friend of mine, and it was aggravating for him as he was cutting nearly perfect lights and I'd end up in front of him anyway.

I try not to judge these things, simply because there are far too many variables that can be in play. Maybe I had a sensor under-reporting boost. Maybe the fuel was particularly good. Maybe the new tires allowed the car just enough slip to get a great trap speed, which you see on the 1/8th despite the spinning launch. Maybe the air DA was perfect for Porsche's calibrations. Maybe the fact that my car has always been driven hard and has over 14k miles when I had it out gives it an excellent ring seal compared to many others. Maybe my use of the Sport Response button in Sport mode to launch really helps trap time (haven't seen this on aggregate). Maybe I deep-staged and that made the difference (I generally don't). I won't pretend to know, because bench racing is for people who don't get their *** out to a track and do it in real life.
Maybe you can't duplicate your runs anywhere else - and failed to do so at Shannonville - where you ran 129-132. Maybe all of your 134+ MPH runs are at the same track that gave you a timing error for your 136 MPH run. Maybe even tune and exhaust cars - and the new GT2RS - either don't or barely run 136 MPH.

But mostly you just don't like looking at facts - and instead want to complain and tell everyone else they are dumb or pompous(!) without answering said facts - and that your one track is super accurate despite you not being about to come even close to that MPH at another track (Shannonville) and continue to thread jack and ignore said facts.

In the end of the day - MAYBE you have a MPH record and every other part of your runs are ordinary. That is your best case scenario.

Last edited by vtknight; 06-21-2019 at 01:17 AM.
Old 06-21-2019, 12:58 AM
vtknight
Racer

I've been racing (you know, with a racing license) for over 35 years now, and careers were made on the fact that timing equipment separates the fastest from the fast. All I have to say is, might as well go back to bench racing if we're not going to accept 1/4 mile slips from actual tracks anymore.
And to save you a post - and you telling us again about your 35+ year road course license - to your point - no more bench racing - let's just do everyone a solid and line it up - and let's see if you can run 136 and put 3 MPH on my car same day same track. We can do Shannonville - since you have been there before (I have never been).

We can video it and post it right here.

You win (run 136 MPH and out MPH me by 3 MPH) - and I will be the first to admit I was wrong. If you can't do either - that will be that.

If not - let's just leave the chirping here and move on shall we? I really tried. This has been going on for some time now and I think everyone has had enough of it.

Last edited by vtknight; 06-21-2019 at 01:37 AM.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:31 AM
Steve Cole
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 51 Posts

I could care less about whether you believe me or not. And I'm done bench racing. Just for the record, I don't have a 35 year old racing license - I have held one for about 35 years. I have one now. Because you're not aware, you have to refresh it every 2 years if you're going to keep it - either by actually racing, or by going to a course.

Either way, enjoy swinging your dick some more. You're a legend in your own mind.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:42 AM
vtknight
Racer

I could care less about whether you believe me or not. And I'm done bench racing. Just for the record, I don't have a 35 year old racing license - I have held one for about 35 years. I have one now. Because you're not aware, you have to refresh it every 2 years if you're going to keep it - either by actually racing, or by going to a course.

Either way, enjoy swinging your dick some more. You're a legend in your own mind.
So that’s a no. I am fine with that. Let’s put this to rest and move on.

Quick Reply: 2019 Turbo S - Bone Stock 1/4 and 1/8th ET and MPH Records - Broken