Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

First time Posrche buyer, help please!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 04:59 AM
1wayout
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First time Posrche buyer, help please!

Hey guys, hope all is well with you all.
I came across this 2015 991.1 Turbo S that I fell in love with, but it is a scary purchase because its my first Porsche and my first 100k+ car!
The car has a little under 30K miles and has me thinking about the upcoming services and maintenance that needs to be done.
Dose anyone know what are the first things I would need to do to the car and approximately how much it will cost?
I cant find a full mileage based service schedule timeline.
Really would appreciate the help!

Here is there actual car, any feedback is highly appreciated!

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomeP ageModel&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&e ntitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c22961&entitySelectingHelper.selecte dEntity2=c27934&zip=90277&distance=500&searchChanged=true&modelChanged=f alse&filtersModified=true#listing=220382333
Old 03-28-2019, 08:57 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Seems too good to be true. It probably is.

Old 03-28-2019, 09:07 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

As for maintenance, this is the best doc I have at hand. It was uploaded from either this or the 991 forum.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
911_Service_Brochure.pdf (738.0 KB, 80 views)
Old 03-28-2019, 09:22 AM
Nanook
Burning Brakes

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

If you purchase the Porsche maintenance agreement you apparently save 35% according to my SA
Old 03-28-2019, 02:14 PM
mwlmd
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

The two things that car is missing are porsche enter and drive keyless entry and a CPO warranty. When does the original warranty expire?
Old 03-28-2019, 04:21 PM
1wayout
7th Gear

FIRST AND FOREMOST, I want to thank you all for responding, got more then I thought!

@worf928 I fell in love with it, it does seem too good to be true, and thank you for the maintenance info!!

@Nanook I don’t think I can, I spoke with Porsche and they said it’s not possible because the car is being sold by a non authorized Porsche dealer.

@mwlmd the enter and drive option I could live without, but I did want the CPO. The original warranty ends in September, BUT after speaking to a Porsche dealer, I was informed that the warranty won’t be valid because the car is being sold by a non authorized Porsche dealer, and I can’t buy and CPO plans for it.
Old 03-28-2019, 04:51 PM
Harry Da Hamster
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I ran the CARFAX for you. The reason why the price is low is because of the reported damage on 3/16/2016. But IMO that's not a unreasonable starting price if you don't mind owning a driven car with a small bump that was repaired properly. Don't get all caught up in the pristine Porsche collector car thing cause this type of car is not that...

Trending Topics

Old 03-28-2019, 04:55 PM
Harry Da Hamster
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

CARFAX

Old 03-28-2019, 05:27 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mwlmd
The two things that car is missing are porsche enter and drive keyless entry and a CPO warranty. When does the original warranty expire?
For some no Enter and Drive is a good thing. no CPO is not a good thing.

Originally Posted by 1wayout
it does seem too good to be true, and thank you for the maintenance info!!
And now we know why.

I don’t think I can, I spoke with Porsche and they said it’s not possible because the car is being sold by a non authorized Porsche dealer.
Only a Porsche dealer can offer a CPO and it is (supposedly) not possible to CPO a Porsche with previous body damage. However, it may be possible to get a third-party warranty. There are threads on this on this and the 991 sub-forum.

The original warranty ends in September, BUT after speaking to a Porsche dealer, I was informed that the warranty won’t be valid because the car is being sold by a non authorized Porsche dealer,
That's is bu11$h1+. Factory warranty is valid regardless of how the car passes from owner to owner. However, issues caused by prior damage or poor workmanship will not be covered under warranty.

Originally Posted by Harry Da Hamster
The reason why the price is low is because of the reported damage on 3/16/2016. But IMO that's not a unreasonable starting price if you don't mind owning a driven car with a small bump that was repaired properly. Don't get all caught up in the pristine Porsche collector car thing cause this type of car is not that...
I tend to agree. However, I would want to have much more information about the damage and repair. For me, I would want the rear bumper cover pulled so that I could inspect what's underneath. Or, have an independent do a bumper-off PPI. I know what I'm looking for; I spend a lot of time correcting body shop "workmanship."

911 repair - especially Turbo - gets expensive fast.
Old 03-28-2019, 06:24 PM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

In case Carfax damage doesn't bother you today, just remember down the road when it's time to
say goodbye - cars with stories...well you know the rest.

Keep looking

Old 03-28-2019, 10:50 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 515 Posts

I would look for another Turbo S with CPO and no damage...
Old 03-29-2019, 12:05 AM
Elliott991TS
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

no one wants a car without a clean car fax, it will be very difficult to sell
Old 03-29-2019, 12:09 AM
titannero
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

PM me, I have a Turbo S that may suit you
Old 03-29-2019, 02:33 AM
1wayout
7th Gear

Once again, I want to start my respond off by thanking everyone for helping me with this.

@Harry Da Hamster Dude thank you X100!!! its just annoying that it doesn't say what was the exact damage, and I like how you think as far as the whole Porsche collecting thing!

@worf928 Yea, the CPO part is a bit scary, if I do pick the car up, I will probably get some kind of third party warranty.
A actual Porsche dealer representative told me about the whole warranty ending, but did not mention anything about a damaged car, just said if it doesn't go thru a Porsche dealer or a private sale then the warranty ends, but I will contact a different one and ask about it!
As far as a PPI, I will for sure do it, probably at BBI autosport and I'll ask them to remove the bumper to see if they can figure out what exactly happen because i don't want something that hasn't been fixed properly. Really appreciate your advise, thank you

@Hothonda @abiazis @Elliott991TS I understand what you're all saying, and completely agree, but the honest truth is, I cant really afford anything that's more then this, I'm already pushing my budget

Last edited by 1wayout; 03-29-2019 at 04:59 AM.
Old 03-29-2019, 09:32 AM
the_buch
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts

It sounds like you’re leaning in It would be useful to see the rest of the Carfax to determine if the car was properly maintained? If kept on schedule there would have been a service come up at 26,000 miles in which case you’re good for a while, particularly if the plugs were changed? Then it’s a matter of assessing the nature of the damage reported.

Quick Reply: First time Posrche buyer, help please!