wheel specs for aftermarkets

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 06:31 PM
jsbihn
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Default wheel specs for aftermarkets

Hey all,
Ok, I have been looking up all kinds of aftermarket wheels setups and the oem specs, on and off this website. The problem is I can not get a definite answer on what is the proper setup for the what I am looking to achieve.
I have seen wheels range in width by an inch and offsets range by easily 10 to 20 to even 30mm
So I cant seem to get a straight answer. So i am hoping I can find someone on here that knows.
I am looking at 20 inch wheels, but after that I need help with the width and offset and such.
I am looking for the right setup for my 2015 turbo that will put the wheels at the edge of the wheel arches or push them out just slightly passed the edge.
I would prefer not to get something and then end up unhappy and have to use spacers. I have the stock split 10 spoke wheels now, and even those (if I want them to the edge of the wheel arch/ body) I would have to have spacers with those too.
I am not talking about the tires, but the actual wheels. Also, I am wanting to make sure that nothing rubs. I will be looking to lower the car probably (not by much, maybe 1/2 inch) but even if I dont, i want to make sure I can do this and have the option with nothing changing.
I appreciate you input
Thanks
Old 03-15-2019, 06:40 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

jsbihn, 9 x 20 ET 48 front and 12 x 20 ET 45 rear would be nicely flush. If you find different wheel widths, use an offset calculator like this one https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/ to get the right ET based on the sizes I posted.
Old 03-15-2019, 06:46 PM
ddodds
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 45 Posts

Reach out to an aftermarket wheels dealer like Wheels Enhancement or Wheels Boutique for some expert advice. Dave @ Wheels Enhancement was very helpful to me when I ordered a new set of HREs a few years back.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:08 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 786 Likes on 571 Posts

There are some OZ wheels on Tire Rack that have 51/56 offsets like the Turbo stock wheels...

Quick Reply: wheel specs for aftermarkets