Sponsored by: Road Spy

My ES750RS vs Dragtimes McLaren 720S

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 01:14 PM
Kisco
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by onfireTTS
What was the max IAT on the CSF Intercoolers? That much power was an excellent test.
I don’t recall off the top of my head. I made a video comparing the stock ICs and the CSF ICs and talked about a lot of testing parameters and their results. It’s on my channel. They are top notch ICs.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:00 PM
bigrpowr
Rennlist Member

Received 330 Likes on 227 Posts

congrats man, sick car!
Old 03-13-2019, 11:39 PM
BOOSTED TTS
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Aren’t we missing a call out race with the “1 of 1” vs...hummm, let me think. Stay tuned guys!

Manuel
Old 03-13-2019, 11:47 PM
Kisco
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bigrpowr
congrats man, sick car!
Thanks man!
Originally Posted by BOOSTED TTS
Aren’t we missing a call out race with the “1 of 1” vs...hummm, let me think. Stay tuned guys!

Manuel
Nah...no sense in making a 2 min YouTube video of 1 single run. Had we ran several times I could have at least made decent content. I asked Mike for another race but he said he had to check the tune and next thing I know you guys were gone, lol.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:53 AM
IMI A
Banned

Received 259 Likes on 155 Posts

Old 03-14-2019, 10:22 AM
Kisco
Intermediate

Originally Posted by IMI A
Is this your car Fadi v By Design?
Yes, that’s my car. I ran a 10.0 that run, lol. Car started to slip and slide (as you saw in the video) as the night went on. I probably should have adjusted my tire pressure from 31/40 (R/F) as the night cooled off, but I didn’t. I was also told on 6speed from someone that knows the track that the left lane prep wears down quick for whatever reason, which could explain why the car started to spin worse and worse as the night went on.

Regardless, a win is a win and Mike’s car runs well!
Old 03-14-2019, 11:19 AM
IMI A
Banned

Be nice to see them line up again when your car is fresh but I know Sam and Mark have been dialing that car in for a few years. Must be the quickest out there or at least one of them. Very impressed with the way your car pulling on that 720s.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:28 AM
Kisco
Intermediate

Be nice to see them line up again when your car is fresh but I know Sam and Mark have been dialing that car in for a few years. Must be the quickest out there or at least one of them. Very impressed with the way your car pulling on that 720s.
Thanks man. Ya, it would have been a great race given that we both went 9.5@146 as a best.

The 720 is very impressive! I love that car and what it can do in OEM trim with just a set of tires. If he gets it tuned we will re run and see how it goes. By then I’ll have my car actually dialed in unlike now where the car went off the dyno and on to the track with zero logs, lol.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:47 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 167 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Kisco
it would have been a great race given that we both went 9.5@146 as a best.
These trap speeds seem to be the limit of VTG turbos give and take 1-2mph. I guess the ByDesign was running a VTG 68mm which is quite similar to the GT2RS turbos other than some differences in the turbine wheels. Anything much faster would be a lighter car or non VTG based turbo.

More interesting also would be a 1/2mile run between these same two cars to see how the engine manages heat between the different turbos and Intercoolers assuming same weight. But I guess we will never see Cobb datalogs from the different cars to compare and learn.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:52 AM
Kisco
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jean

These trap speeds seem to be the limit of VTG turbos give and take 1-2mph. I guess the ByDesign was running a VTG 68mm which is quite similar to the GT2RS turbos other than some differences in the turbine wheels. Anything much faster would be a lighter car or non VTG based turbo.

More interesting also would be a 1/2mile run between these same two cars to see how the engine manages heat between the different turbos and Intercoolers assuming same weight. But I guess we will never see Cobb datalogs from the different cars to compare and learn.
Agreed.

The Bydesign car was running light weight seats shaving off around 80-100 lbs, and also spraying their ICs with water through the night after passes. I have OEM interior and I didn’t spray down my ICs at all. I was more focused on getting acquainted with this thing more than anything, lol.

I think with my set up dialed in, there is a bit of improvements left on the table. I’ll be sure to post all of that on the channel soon. Can’t wait to get it back from the shipper!
Old 03-14-2019, 11:58 AM
IMI A
Banned

Don’t understand not sharing logs etc. There’s nothing really proprietary and all it tells you is if the car is running well or not. I’ve shared whenever asked.

in theory the GT2 RS VTGs have a bigger hot side so less back pressure which should mean lower IATs. Meth blurs the lines a bit
Old 03-14-2019, 12:00 PM
Kisco
Intermediate

Don’t understand not sharing logs etc. There’s nothing really proprietary and all it tells you is if the car is running well or not. I’ve shared whenever asked.

in theory the GT2 RS VTGs have a bigger hot side so less back pressure which should mean lower IATs. Meth blurs the lines a bit
Stay tuned with my channel. I will post details such as this like I did with the CSF ICs.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:51 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 167 Likes on 100 Posts

I agree.. have no issues posting as well. One could hide timing, boost and knock sensing/timing retardation columns from the datalogs if need be to comfort tuners. But it would benefit everyone seeing same day same run, datalogs from two different tuner cars to make decisions on hardware. Not about to happen though with the “fastest xxx in the world” obsession happening out there
Old 03-14-2019, 03:01 PM
BOOSTED TTS
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi IMI A,

Let me clarify, that is not Mark Blackwell’s car, that is Mike David’s car...stock motor, stock tranny, stock clutches, 68mm By Design VTG’s and not an apples to apples comparison like some say. The VTG’s in Fadi’s car are GT2 RS turbos which are indeed larger than the 68mm turbos.

This car was also finished up late Thursday, and tuning was done while at the track by the one of one Sam from By Design!

Manuel
Old 03-14-2019, 04:45 PM
Kisco
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BOOSTED TTS
This car was also finished up late Thursday, and tuning was done while at the track by the one of one Sam from By Design!
Just to ensure no one gets the wrong message....

That car may have came off the dyno Thursday, but that kit has been in development for a long time and Mike has had that kit for a year or so on his car. Per Sam on Mike’s Kit.... “We have put a lot of time into this kit and fine tuning it”.

On the other hand, I have a completely new set up with literally zero logs between my tuner and I. I am the one that pushed to race it knowing it’s a completely new set up. I’ve been stuck in the snow with no racing for some time and I just wanted to get out there and race.

Now that I am getting the car back, the fine tuning and data logging will begin. For all that are interested, stay tuned for the results.

Quick Reply: My ES750RS vs Dragtimes McLaren 720S