Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Does Kline exhaust really sound like this?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 04:30 PM
Cirrusdriver
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Does Kline exhaust really sound like this?

Does it really sound this good? How bad it it while driving around town if you have to talk to clients on a cell phone?
Old 01-06-2019, 05:32 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 917 Likes on 560 Posts

Hi Cirrus. We are really proud of our reputation and results with this exhaust. I offer a full guarantee if you would like to try it out! Do a search and you’ll find great reviews. Cheers

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com
Old 01-06-2019, 06:17 PM
Harry Da Hamster
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I have the Kline Race with no cats and headers. Love the sound, especially at moderate acceleration around town while holding the RPMs. It's fairly docile as low RPM cruise. I can carry a conversation on the phone or with a passenger, no problem.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:23 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 546 Posts

I just installed a Kline headers and exhaust system - using Sam above. First of all i highly recommend him. Onto my exhaust. I told Sam i wanted to improve the sound (as i felt it was lacking) BUT i wanted it to be livable daily and be able to cruise around, speak on the phone and not attract attention when driving around town. There are also multiple exhaust choices. I got a very conservative 200 cell one (IIRC). The one in the video sounds to me to be a much more aggressive option than I got. Maybe the race, 0 cell option. Mine - In normal mode and when driving normally, it is almost the same as stock. However, when in sport mode and you get on it, it sounds like a sports car should sound. It is not a GT3 (NA and loud throughout the range) and it is not loud all the time. Only when u punch it and are on it. So mission accomplished for me. I can go out for dinner w the wife. Listen to the Burm. Have an awesome daily. Speak on the phone, But when the time comes, i can punch it and it doesnt sound anemic. I also got a Cobb tune and changed the PDK and bumped up the power - Stage 2. It is really quick now and the PDK is much better. Previously in normal mode - i was in 6th gear at 20mph. Now normal is pretty much perfect for a daily. Sport is for when u want to be on it (Canyons etc).

Bottom line - there are options and you have to consult someone and describe what you want. Then u can get it.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:03 AM
Tfk
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have that Kline race exhaust on my car. It doesn't really sound like it does in the video. It sounds so much Better. With the windows down, it is down right intoxicating.

I must have watched that video 50 times if not more before ordering (and while waiting to receive) my exhaust.
All along, I thought it must be too good to be true.
When I received/installed it... it actually exceeded my (already very high) expectations.
Coming from a 991 gt3 to a 991tts, I had no hope in the sound department.
This exhaust turned that upside down for me.

And I too, feared that the transformation would come at the expense of too much drone or being too loud. But no, there's absolutely no drone and it's not too loud at all. Especially in normal mode, you can very comfortably talk on the phone while driving; pretty much just as you would in a bone stock naturally aspirated Carrera GTS.

For what its worth, Sam's offer/guarantee is a no brainer. He is a man of his word.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:23 AM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Received 752 Likes on 473 Posts

As said above it sounds better than the clip, Sam at By Design installed my Kline headers, exhaust and 100 cats. Sam is great to deal with and knows what he is talking about, could not be more pleased, my 992 turbo s will visit Sam as well. Sam knows more than exhaust too, he can make a great car even better.
Old 01-07-2019, 10:10 AM
tallers
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
Default 200 Cell SS

I purchased the Kline 200 Cel SS system and absolutely love the sound. As others have stated, not an issue when driving "normal". No drone, conversation is good, wife not complaining. However, when you put the pedal down, your heart will race along with the car. I didn't want something too loud and this was perfect. I agree that the clip on the Kline website is more of the race pipes they offer.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:11 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 515 Posts

Sounds as good as a GT2/3 car...nice
Old 01-07-2019, 01:28 PM
Cirrusdriver
Instructor

Originally Posted by abiazis
Sounds as good as a GT2/3 car...nice
Awesome.

Thanks for all the replies. If anybody has a sound clip they made please post it. Also please post which version you guys purchased. Cat or cat less, inconel, size, etc
Old 01-07-2019, 02:14 PM
KahunaCanuck
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 9 Posts

I haven't recorded mine, just got it installed before Christmas. I have to echo the guys above...exactly the sound I wanted...quiet when you are at parking lot speeds, then when you are on it, the sound is sublime. Haven't recorded it as of yet...sorry!
Old 01-07-2019, 02:59 PM
Nanook
Burning Brakes

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

^ this...iconel,catless,headers,,,Sam is the Man
Old 01-07-2019, 05:08 PM
Cirrusdriver
Instructor

Also if anybody is located in the upper Midwest near Wisconsin please post.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:34 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

I had a Kline on a previous Pcar and now the Europipe on my TTS. Both are super high quality pieces with great sound. If you go catless you will have increased sound. If that is your thing or you are tracking, it will be louder.
The Kline or EP with sport cats still sound great.
Old 01-07-2019, 07:48 PM
Elliott991TS
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

mark me down as another happy customer of Sam

inconel headers and exhaust, stage 2 Cobb tune with PDK

sound is addicting, have to be careful of the speed, love the car

Sam will do whatever is necessary to make you happy, what more do you want?
Old 01-07-2019, 08:40 PM
Cirrusdriver
Instructor

Originally Posted by Elliott991TS
mark me down as another happy customer of Sam

inconel headers and exhaust, stage 2 Cobb tune with PDK

sound is addicting, have to be careful of the speed, love the car

Sam will do whatever is necessary to make you happy, what more do you want?
Are you guys all using the inconel version which is like 10k?

Quick Reply: Does Kline exhaust really sound like this?