Notices
991 Turbo Turbo and Turbo S

HELP !! Part on backorder for months

Old 11-27-2018, 07:06 PM
1949ford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default HELP !! Part on backorder for months

I was driving at night and thereís was a blown out semi tire in my lane and I had nowhere to go with cars to my sides. Took the car in to a Porsche certified shop for repairs and the car cannot be finished due to a part being on back order for months Iíve owned a variety of cars and NEVER have had this come up . Sure maybe a couple weeks . I contacted Porsche after the shop explained that they couldnít finish the repair due to a part being on back order . Porsche doesnít even know when it will be available , their guess was maybe a few months into 2019 . Itís been about 3 months already since the accident so the part was already on back order way back then.

Does anyone know any good places that sell used Porsche parts ?? Iím gonna put a wanted ad on here as well .

I think the part is called a lower cover
Part # 99150552506 G2X

thanks

Last edited by 1949ford; 11-27-2018 at 07:21 PM.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:26 PM
TeesTurboS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Have you tried Sonnen Porsche? They show the part, so might be worth while finding out if they have it in stock. www.sonnenporscheoemparts.com That's just one parts supplier that I have used with success, and I'm sure there are others.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:52 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Find a rear-ended 991, pull the spoiler, strip and paint? (Part #1 below)

Old 11-28-2018, 05:55 AM
1949ford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Iíve called around to Porsche parts retailers and they said yeah they donít have any and they also had the same note that they donít even have a confirmed date of when the backorder part will be available So a used one is gonna have to be the only option.

Now or I just gotta start searching out a used one .

Just a bummer that I was listing the car for sale the week the accident took place and now itís just delayed the process .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: