Notices
991 Turbo Turbo and Turbo S

Toyo R888R tire review - first drive

Old 10-19-2018, 06:43 PM
Harry Da Hamster
User

Default Toyo R888R tire review - first drive

Just quick Toyo R888R tire review copy and pasted from my Instagram page

Installed the Toyo R888R tires on all four corners and took her for a spin around a lightly damp H3 Freeway. The tires are fairly quiet, but not completely quiet as some reviews may imply. There’s a vibration upon low speed deceleration. And it does have a fairly light “cupped” tire sound (or mud bogger tire sound) especially on freshly paved roads that I can hear above my exhaust noise. But I’m surprised how minimal the sound and vibration is. And it’s very reasonable given the tires performance. Hopefully these last for a decent amount of time. Hoping for 1.5 sec or lower 60ft and 9 sec 1/4mi performance on the street. Dragy GPS data coming soon

Old 10-19-2018, 11:44 PM
kouzman
User

THanks for the review! Provide more feedback when you can.

I am getting a set next season spring when I will be receiving my wheels that are on order from Japan. For traction we should be looking 60fts in the 1.50s hopefully. On my stage 2 that should be good for low 10s. Plus by that time I might be stage 3 too...
Old 10-20-2018, 03:54 AM
Harry Da Hamster
User

Originally Posted by kouzman View Post
THanks for the review! Provide more feedback when you can.

I am getting a set next season spring when I will be receiving my wheels that are on order from Japan. For traction we should be looking 60fts in the 1.50s hopefully. On my stage 2 that should be good for low 10s. Plus by that time I might be stage 3 too...
Thanks for the acknowledgement and i totally intend to post a follow up review. There's a lot of mis-information on the internet which is frustrating so hopefully i can help others.

Are you getting the Advan GT's? That's top 3 on my list cause they're cheap, ultra light weight, and built the right way. They're closed die forged which has superior strength over other forged aluminum wheels including all those fancy machined wheels from forged billet blanks. Those fancy forged billet wheels are nice too and i'm also considering those.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:21 AM
kouzman
User

Originally Posted by Harry Da Hamster View Post
Thanks for the acknowledgement and i totally intend to post a follow up review. There's a lot of mis-information on the internet which is frustrating so hopefully i can help others.

Are you getting the Advan GT's? That's top 3 on my list cause they're cheap, ultra light weight, and built the right way. They're closed die forged which has superior strength over other forged aluminum wheels including all those fancy machined wheels from forged billet blanks. Those fancy forged billet wheels are nice too and i'm also considering those.
correct! I got a super nice deal. I dont mind the wait since as you mentioned they check every single box on my checklist. Plus I love the look!
Old 10-20-2018, 11:42 AM
rcg412
User

What tire sizes did you get? Didn’t know they fit turbo sizes
Old 10-20-2018, 06:51 PM
Harry Da Hamster
User

Upsized the width a tiny bit but it's unnoticeable. 255/35R20 and 315/30R20. Stock is 245 and 305. Amazon was by far the cheapest for me factoring shipping: https://amzn.to/2PGYykU
Old 10-20-2018, 07:57 PM
usrodeo4
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Harry Da Hamster View Post
Just quick Toyo R888R tire review copy and pasted from my Instagram page

Installed the Toyo R888R tires on all four corners and took her for a spin around a lightly damp H3 Freeway. The tires are fairly quiet, but not completely quiet as some reviews may imply. There’s a vibration upon low speed deceleration. And it does have a fairly light “cupped” tire sound (or mud bogger tire sound) especially on freshly paved roads that I can hear above my exhaust noise. But I’m surprised how minimal the sound and vibration is. And it’s very reasonable given the tires performance. Hopefully these last for a decent amount of time. Hoping for 1.5 sec or lower 60ft and 9 sec 1/4mi performance on the street. Dragy GPS data coming soon

Just curious...does Toyo make the R888R tires in a Porsche spec tire like Michelin does the SC2? (I just bought the Porsche spec SC2's for my 997.1TT which is currently undergoing an approx. 700WHP build

)
Old 10-21-2018, 09:27 PM
rcg412
User

Thanks. Might try these, if feedback is good.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: