911 Turbo S door decal - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
991 Turbo Turbo and Turbo S

911 Turbo S door decal

 
Old 10-17-2018, 03:45 PM
  #1  
AirBusPilot
User
Thread Starter
 
AirBusPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 63
Default 911 Turbo S door decal

Iíve noticed some came from the factory this way (I assume).

I can get a set for $29.

https://renndecals.com/collections/d...-s-door-decals

I cant decide, and my car already has a clear bra on the doors, so Iíd be applying this decal over the clear bra, not sure if thatís an issue.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
AirBusPilot is offline  
Old 10-17-2018, 05:26 PM
  #2  
mwlmd
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
mwlmd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 109
Default

I personally am not a fan of these side decals. But to each their own.
mwlmd is offline  
Old 10-17-2018, 06:20 PM
  #3  
AirBusPilot
User
Thread Starter
 
AirBusPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 63
Default

Originally Posted by mwlmd View Post
I personally am not a fan of these side decals. But to each their own.
im on the fence, but leaning your way.
AirBusPilot is offline  
Old 10-17-2018, 10:40 PM
  #4  
Odonnks
User
 
Odonnks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 26
Default

Yes, you can apply decals over clear bra.
If you do t know if yours has a clear bra you should be able to see or feel it’s edge in the area where it would wrap to the inside or not visible areas of the door panel.
Odonnks is offline  
Old 10-17-2018, 11:58 PM
  #5  
AirBusPilot
User
Thread Starter
 
AirBusPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 63
Default

Originally Posted by Odonnks View Post
Yes, you can apply decals over clear bra.
If you do t know if yours has a clear bra you should be able to see or feel itís edge in the area where it would wrap to the inside or not visible areas of the door panel.
Thanks. Yep, entire car has it (thank God!).
AirBusPilot is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 12:06 PM
  #6  
marsh1
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
marsh1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 16
Default

After looking through the picture thread I ordered one using the OP aftermarket suppliers link.
marsh1 is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 02:44 PM
  #7  
Penn4S
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Penn4S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Pennsylvania.
Posts: 2,306
Default

I did it and I am happy with it. Should be positioned low and towards the front of the door.
Penn4S is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 04:32 PM
  #8  
rodsky
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
rodsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Los Angeles
Posts: 2,078
Default

Originally Posted by Penn4S View Post
I did it and I am happy with it. Should be positioned low and towards the front of the door.
I like that look!

You happy with Europipe and Cobb? I am getting a twinkle in my eye wrt mods
rodsky is online now  
Old 10-18-2018, 04:39 PM
  #9  
AirBusPilot
User
Thread Starter
 
AirBusPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 63
Default

Originally Posted by Penn4S View Post
I did it and I am happy with it. Should be positioned low and towards the front of the door.
That looks good. I'll think I'll order a set, I can always remove it later.
AirBusPilot is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 05:13 PM
  #10  
Penn4S
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Penn4S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Pennsylvania.
Posts: 2,306
Default

Originally Posted by rodsky View Post
I like that look!

You happy with Europipe and Cobb? I am getting a twinkle in my eye wrt mods
This is my 3rd Europipe and I really do like the quality of the build, second to none. I think them and Kline are really on their game for TT exhausts.
This is my 2nd Cobb AP. I love the tune but I really like the PDK Update. I installed the Sport version and the overall shifting attitude of the car changed. I very seldom drive in auto but if I do the shifting is much more tolerable in both normal and sport. In Sport and Sport Plus the shifts are GT3 quick and smooth. The tune itself is awesome. The car is scary fast in stock form and a rocket with the Cobb.
Penn4S is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 05:15 PM
  #11  
Penn4S
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Penn4S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Pennsylvania.
Posts: 2,306
Default

Originally Posted by AirBusPilot View Post
That looks good. I'll think I'll order a set, I can always remove it later.
If you get them from Suncoast they are very simple to put on. The decal is on paper that fits to the bottom and front of the door for exact placement.
Penn4S is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 05:28 PM
  #12  
mwlmd
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
mwlmd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 109
Default

Originally Posted by Penn4S View Post
This is my 3rd Europipe and I really do like the quality of the build, second to none. I think them and Kline are really on their game for TT exhausts.
This is my 2nd Cobb AP. I love the tune but I really like the PDK Update. I installed the Sport version and the overall shifting attitude of the car changed. I very seldom drive in auto but if I do the shifting is much more tolerable in both normal and sport. In Sport and Sport Plus the shifts are GT3 quick and smooth. The tune itself is awesome. The car is scary fast in stock form and a rocket with the Cobb.
Not to hijack this thread but I was curious which COBB map you run with the EP exhaust? It has 100 cel cats so you should be able to run stage 2 correct?
mwlmd is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 07:01 PM
  #13  
Penn4S
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Penn4S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Pennsylvania.
Posts: 2,306
Default

Originally Posted by mwlmd View Post
Not to hijack this thread but I was curious which COBB map you run with the EP exhaust? It has 100 cel cats so you should be able to run stage 2 correct?
I am running Stage 2 . I loaded the Sport vs the Aggressive tune. Plus the PDK Update with the PDK Relearn to smooth it all out. Love the way the car runs. Just like stock only faster and with a quicker and smoother PDK attitude.
Penn4S is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 11:12 PM
  #14  
AirBusPilot
User
Thread Starter
 
AirBusPilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 63
Default

Originally Posted by Penn4S View Post
If you get them from Suncoast they are very simple to put on. The decal is on paper that fits to the bottom and front of the door for exact placement.
Did you use black or dark gray?
AirBusPilot is offline  
Old 10-18-2018, 11:34 PM
  #15  
Penn4S
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Penn4S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Pennsylvania.
Posts: 2,306
Default

Black.
Penn4S is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: