Sponsored by: Road Spy

First Oil Change and Filter

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 11:30 AM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts
Default First Oil Change and Filter

After finally hitting the 2000 mile mark with my new car I had the oil and filter changed today at Danbury Porsche. I like getting that first oil and and new shavings out of the engine from the initial wearing of the new engine after I reach the break in point. I have done this with all of my previous other cars and its an axiom that I have always applied. The best part it was free. Yes, the first regular maintenance on all 2018 Porsches is included. In retrospect may be I should have waited for the scheduled regular maintenance. I should have asked what limitations are there on the first free maintenance. In any event that was a surprise I didn't expect and it made the drive home even that more fun. These truly are great cars.

Jay
Old 08-25-2018, 05:55 PM
Elliott991TS
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

are you planning any mods? beautiful car
Old 08-25-2018, 08:28 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Elliott991TS
are you planning any mods? beautiful car
Maybe a Europipe Exhaust. I won't tune the car. No need to. It's as fast as I need at this time. Especially with the performance button. Once you've tried that how much more power do you need? It is the fastest car that I have ever driven.
The only thing keeping me from the Europipe is the fact that that Stef said for the newer version you can not reuse your OEM black tips. So for now I'll think about it and keep the car as is. Maybe they will come out with a version where I wouldn't have to give up my tips.

Jay
Old 08-25-2018, 11:48 PM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

I love the tips on our cars.

Quick Reply: First Oil Change and Filter