Sponsored by: Road Spy

maximizing the configuration and delivery experience

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 04:13 PM
renault4
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default maximizing the configuration and delivery experience

Hi folks, i am at the very very early stages of a TTS purchase, I have a dealer in mind, but haven't even started to work with them yet.

I am looking to extract the maximum out of the whole experience and I am willing to take the time to approach this with patience and forethought-- for example, i am willing to wait for PTS if I decide to go that way.

By the time I go to the dealer, I want to have a well-developed idea of the configuration, however I would still like to enjoy and have fun with the process--i am willing to go well beyond hunching over my laptop reading wonderful groups like this and endlessly playing with the configurator. For example, I would be willing to travel to one of the PECs in the US if that would help with test drives, final selection of model and options configuration and customization--is that a good option?

i am happy to assume there is a lot to learn (or re-learn!) about how to drive a performance car, so I would also like to spend some time being taught "how to drive proper"

ED would also be a part of this strategy.

i'm interested to hear what approaches folks here took in the lead-up to their purchase; things to think about, things to avoid, etc.

thanks all!
Old 07-15-2018, 07:44 PM
stealthpilot
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 109 Posts

If you want to maximize the configuration experience fly to Atlanta or Stuttgart and schedule a design session with someone from Porsche Exclusive.

To maximize the delivery experience, opt for Stuttgart delivery and do the 2 week grand tour plus PEC delivery in the US after that.
Old 07-15-2018, 09:11 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 64 Posts

While in Atlanta, sign up for the Porsche Driving Experience at Barber Motor Sports Park and learn the driving dynamics of the 911. Look at a lot of pictures online and carefully examine all aspects of
the options to order. This will bring you closure to enhancing your overall experience, albeit maybe a few dollars more spent. But it doesn't seem that cost is an option for you; just gaining the "Porsche"
experience. And to finish the process as Stealthpilot mentioned you could take the European delivery and drive on the Autobahn before returning home to the States. Good luck.

Jay
Old 07-16-2018, 10:18 AM
renault4
Intermediate

Originally Posted by stealthpilot
If you want to maximize the configuration experience fly to Atlanta or Stuttgart and schedule a design session with someone from Porsche Exclusive.

To maximize the delivery experience, opt for Stuttgart delivery and do the 2 week grand tour plus PEC delivery in the US after that.
Thanks, I am within easy reach of Atlanta, so that works.

Hadn't thought about combining an ED with a US PEC delivery; sounds interesting!

When you say "2 week grand tour," are you referring to something specific other than a self-designed itinerary?

Old 07-16-2018, 02:41 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 48 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by renault4
Thanks, I am within easy reach of Atlanta, so that works.

Hadn't thought about combining an ED with a US PEC delivery; sounds interesting!

When you say "2 week grand tour," are you referring to something specific other than a self-designed itinerary?
I've made 4 trips with Peter Sontag, owner of Fastlane Travel <fastlanetravel.com>
All have been First Class and highly enjoyable. Their tours usually include Factory and Museum Tours.
You can also arrange to pick up your new car in Europe for your tour or rent a similar model.
Best of luck with your new Porsche
Old 08-09-2018, 07:23 PM
renault4
Intermediate

Originally Posted by stealthpilot
If you want to maximize the configuration experience fly to ...Stuttgart and schedule a design session with someone

Wait, you can do that? Has anyone here done that?

Quick Reply: maximizing the configuration and delivery experience